PDA

View Full Version : Valve body Upgrade???

Okin DaVanh
04-28-2008, 06:14 PM
This is for automatics. I used t own a 95 Altima SE auto, and there used to be a place in NY that used to do an upgrade to the valve body in the tranny. It would make the shifting a little more crisp. I was wondering if this was possible for my tranny (i've got a BK 97L 2.2)?? Any idea other than scrap the tranny and swap a 5spd or getting another car? (yeah, I heard that 1 too)

Reason
04-28-2008, 07:52 PM
www.importperformancetrans.com (http://www.importperformancetrans.com)

Okin DaVanh
04-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow!!! I was thinking more like keeping my own tranny. But thats a good site to keep in mind.

What they did in NY was just remove the unit (valve body) and modify it. I don't know all the details of what they did, but when it was done, it only took a few hours and the car was ready.

Reason
04-28-2008, 08:44 PM
They do that too, you can send them the valve body and mod it. Call them up and talk to the guy.

Okin DaVanh
04-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Wow, that IS helpful. I just got home from work and tried again. When I first went to it, The whole Subaru page didn't load. So I only caught the top end. After going back today did I notice it was all there. Nice find.

When I seen $3975 (4EAT) and $4595 (5EAT) resp. I thought it was a bit too much. Ater revisiting it and getting to the part by part did I find something interesting.

Has anyone here ever tried this before? or dealt with them?

03LegacyWgn
07-07-2008, 12:23 AM
im interested to know as well and also interested if there is any other company's out there that offer this or parts