PDA

View Full Version : New Member from SoCal 661

UrDoneSRH
05-17-2008, 03:45 AM
Whats up all! I'm a 23 yr old car audio/video/alarm installer from southern cali, lancaster/palmdale. I currently drive a 92 accord I traded my truck for to go to school in arizona. but its been a few years now since I finished and I'm tired of the automatic trans, fwd and only having approximately 140-150hp, especially after spending entirely too much money I have a clean lookin honda... but I want more out of my car than just looking nicer than the other POS ones.

I decided I wanted a subaru when I decided to sell my car a month or 2 ago. After installing an alarm in a 05 legacy gt (and taking a lil test launch in the parking lot and hittin a corner) I came to the conclusion I really want one.

I'm looking to get the GT or Spec B if I can find one. I already have a long list of mods and parts I've already researched. I found this forum and it seems to be pretty cool. I'm coming from a close knit honda forum so I hope this site is half as good.

I have 2 major questions regarding the LGT.

First, carbon fiber hoods, I love them, I want one for the LGT, hopefully one that has a larger scoop (like the wrx) or an invader style hood. So far the only cf hood I found for 05-08 LGT's is an oem hood with no scoop.

Second, I am trading my indash screen I have for a pioneer avic d3. I have yet to find a double-din kit. The only thing I can think of is customizing my own piece, or putting it up in the spot where the factory nav goes and putting gauges where the factory stereo controls go.

my myspace is www.myspace.com/urdonesrh (http://www.myspace.com/urdonesrh)

i'm also very much into xbox live... mostly call of duty 4 and gta 4. shooters and racing games.

Thanks in advance for any help and I look forward to checkin out the site more.

damn that was long winded...

J-Rock!
05-17-2008, 08:58 AM
welcome to the forums

Reason
05-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Welcome to the forum. Luckily for you the 05 LGT has a wide range of ricer parts. Anything old you would have to be more creative :wink:

UrDoneSRH
05-28-2008, 08:14 PM
yea well thanks for having an attitude. i was looking at getting a 98 but I dont want to have to dump an assload of money into it to properly turbo it. And the LGT has a turbo from the factory so I can have it and still build it over time. And I dont know what exactly you mean by ricer parts? I dont plan on kitting it, painting it or doin crazy ass spoilers. I plan on a grill, a scoop and eyelids just to clean it up and make it different. Mild drop until its paid off then go with tein's and electronic dampening. weigh reductions over time. I intend on taking on the track at willow springs after I get some work done on it and have learned the car. I live a 1/2 hour away so I would really like to do that. Anyways thanks for the welcome guys.

Reason
05-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Another guy with no sense of humor :roll:

The_Paynter
05-28-2008, 11:08 PM
i laughed :) :razz: