PDA

View Full Version : Factory Manuals?

gryffinwings
05-24-2008, 02:42 AM
Is there any place I can get a factory manual for the 2001 Subaru Outback in PDF format?

Huffer
05-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Owners manual or Factory Service Manual?

AussieDan
05-24-2008, 12:19 PM
PM me and I can hook you up.

kingston
10-05-2008, 01:38 AM
Hi Dan...my friend and i are doing a 07 LGT swap into a 93 L.
Wondering if you might have the service manual for the LGT.

What kind of swap are you working on? Originally we wanted to fit the entire dash, HVAC into the L. After today, it looks like that will not happen even though it would have been so cool to have auto climate control and all that good stuff in that L. So now I think the plan is to just merge the harnesses together and keep the L interior the same. Only thing is from what we've researched is we'll need to use an 04 STI ECU because of the CANBUS system in the newer legacy's.

Well let me know if i can get those manuals from you. email is hengon@gmail.com

AussieDan
10-05-2008, 08:47 AM
PM Sent :grin:

The basic approach I took was to use as much of the WRX harness as I could.

I basically cut the Legacy door plugs, rear harness, sunroof harness, HVAC and front harness (rad, lights, horns, etc) out of the harness and used them to replace the corresponding plugs on the WRX harness.

It's not quite that simple obviously as Subaru changed how some of the circuits work (rear defog is one I'm still figuring out), but basically it means I can keep my dash and HVAC but still get the WRX ABS, cluster, cruise, keyless/alarm, etc.

It is coming together, but doing it this way is a LOT more work than I initially expected. Hopefully the end result is worth the trouble.

If you have an entire donor car you could probably do the same thing, the early HVAC is fairly self-contained so it isn't that hard to cut it out of the original harness and make it into a self-contained harness.