PDA

View Full Version : FWD circle track subie

96legacyLS
06-19-2008, 05:26 PM
I am debating on buying a fwd legacy for the local track near my house, I have never seen a subie there, so I'm looking to be the first...let me know what you guys think if its worth it or not

SilentRacer
06-19-2008, 07:34 PM
a suby without awd? That kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?

1-3-2-4
06-19-2008, 08:06 PM
I had a impreza that was FWD... it was ok.. but meh.. everyone was always like well you have a Subaru so it has AWD I was like :-| lol

The car was a trooper tho.. I never got stuck in snow moving around with worn tires in the snow.. my mom freaked out when she saw how the tires looked.. so I went ahead and just ordered a set of tires, I kinda miss the car but when the transmission went it was not worth it IMHO to replace it with another FWD trans nor was it worth the effort to swap.

96legacyLS
06-23-2008, 11:34 AM
I would do awd all day long seeing as awd is waaay funner than fwd, but you cant have awd at the track its basically like cheating....thats what I am thinking about, but I just bought an integra for the track....should be done in about a month if anyone from the CT area goes to the Waterford Speedbowl I will be there

loganmossmusic
05-08-2011, 01:46 AM
I would do awd all day long seeing as awd is waaay funner than fwd, but you cant have awd at the track its basically like cheating....thats what I am thinking about, but I just bought an integra for the track....should be done in about a month if anyone from the CT area goes to the Waterford Speedbowl I will be there

First, why is AWD cheating? Other people could get a car with AWD too.
Second, I think you should get it, but just so you can do some burnouts in a Subaru. Thats not something you see everyday.

LunchBox04V
05-08-2011, 10:19 AM
I have a feeling he needs FWD to be in the class he wants. I say go for it. Subie power!! Lol

grayguy
05-08-2011, 01:00 PM
My friend and I were just talking yesterday about how we need to find a FWD SVX to run at the local dirt track for the enduro races, those things are like tanks.