PDA

View Full Version : Coil Overs up Front/ Coil Springs in Rear?

Okin DaVanh
06-19-2008, 07:57 PM
I want to keep the rear as coil springs preferably w/ a 1" drop and have coil overs for the front only. Anyone ever do this before? Pros and Cons??

Also, I have a set of spacers I'd be adding to the rear wheels only. they're .5

xXGTBspecXx
06-19-2008, 09:07 PM
cons very bouncy i assume in the rear.. would feel like you riding in a F250 pickup with no load..

Huffer
06-20-2008, 07:10 AM
A Coilover is the same as a shock+spring combo. The only difference is the ability to preload the front suspension and/or change the ride height.

You'd want to ensure you get matched springrates front to rear, which might be difficult to work out if you don't know what your existing rear spring rate is.

deadlydave
06-20-2008, 10:59 AM
I can see a problem. Your average coilover is way stiffer than your average coil spring. I predict understeer may be an issue.

Plus, who sells just a pair of front coilovers?

Okin DaVanh
06-22-2008, 11:50 PM
I can see a problem. Your average coilover is way stiffer than your average coil spring. I predict understeer may be an issue.

Plus, who sells just a pair of front coilovers?

No one really. At least none that I can find. I thought I'd try used and go from there.
I was thinking of corner balancing it. Somehow, now I don't think it'll balance out. This is just a thought I had running through my head.