Tokio
09-29-2005, 12:23 AM
who wouldve thunk it possible? :shock:

check it out:

http://zzyzxmotorsports.com/events/300hpnamods/

...amazing... :twisted:

Huffer
09-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Interestingly, TWE say that they could easily detune for 250hp daily... They also believe there's more power in that setup.

Looks pretty simple too. Wonder if they'll tell anyone what kind of EM they're running...

Wiscon_Mark
10-01-2005, 09:18 AM
wonder what kind of redline they're working with, considering the forged pistons and the new cams and such....it must be fairly high.

How do they get away with working w/o an air filter, isn't that like a ticking time bomb??

gator gt
10-01-2005, 02:18 PM
the no air filter thing could be an issue if you're not careful with running environment. You gotta have the right climate and atmospheric conditions (not dusty, a little on the moist side of things). That way nothing you don't want gets sucked in.

Yeah, EM isn't mentioned ("you're not getting it cause we did all the work, nah, nah nah nah"). Great, you listed it first online whoop-dee doo.....but for the sake of proving it...I don't believe them. :lol:

Who'd of thought of a Ford Subaru hybrid anyway.

Also, no mention about the block, crank or conrods. ("we did all the work, etc etc etc")

I bet they are running a EJ22t or EJ257 block. The EJ25 N/A block would misshape under that kind of load. The walls aren't meant for that kind of compression. It could even be sleeved.

High redline is a no doubt. I'd guess somewhere in the high 7k range. If not breaching the 8k.

It would depend on the EM, but I don't think this kind of power would be a smooth delivery for a 4cyl. If someone modded an H6 to put out 350....it'd be a better package. More cylinders and a balanced engine allows for a smoother delivery and less stressful package.

Don't get me wrong....300hp out of a non-forced induction H4 is something to behold....but not something I'd like to pursue.

GGT

GGT

filter27e
10-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Well I'd tend to believe it. I've been a member on a couple of various car forums for cars I've gone through, and it seems like there's always "that N/A guy." The one who can afford to poor rediculous amounts of money into a motor for the sake of having a unique approach to so-so power gains and can also afford to have the car not street driven. When I had my pontiac sunfire there was another guy on there who had a 2.4l sunfire which he stripped and went NA with his motor, and was running 11's... the 11's might have been with th ebottle can't remember but I know he was at least low 12's without. The downside is it's not street legal AT ALL and the motor build cost hime $20k++. But hey, by all means it's possible ;-)

Huffer
10-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Guys...

The car is a collaboration between at least 3 businesses...it's not some pipe dream. TWE is a reputable engine builder, Z-Motorsports is currently building the ultimate coilover and a number of people in my local area are in line for the suspension setup.

As it says in the press release - the car is BUILT for road racing. It's not a daily car. it's a road racer.

Gator - my friends Jay and Ed race the Sourcemobile - they autox the 98RS, without an airfilter - just a peice of foam - which naturally can be replaced depending on atmospheric conditions.

Just want to keep things in perspective - in a road racer the engine is often torn down at periodic stages.