PDA

View Full Version : EJ20 into a 98 legacy GT, wiring problems...

Feiton
07-25-2008, 04:53 AM
I have had this project sitting around for about a year now, everything is completed except the wiring. I have the wrx engine harness and the interior harness however I do not see where the interior harness clips in with the engine harness. Is there a 3rd harness that runs along the front of the car? Or is it possible I have the wrong interior harness? It clips into the WRX ecu just fine.

HeresMyMind
07-25-2008, 06:15 PM
pretty sure it should be a 1 piece harness sir.

-B

AussieDan
07-26-2008, 10:17 AM
There are 2 plugs near the engine bay fusebox that connect to the engine, and one plug that comes through the firewall in the stock legacy location and connects to the right side of the motor.

What year WRX motor do you have? I may be able to hook you up with some wiring diagrams.

Feiton
07-28-2008, 07:58 PM
It is a 98 legacy GT with a 2004 WRX motor. Any pictures would be great as well.

BE666
07-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Are you trying to do the merge yourself? If so, I'd suggest you do lots of research and take your time.

Not to try and sell things, but you could always send it to us (East Coast Swappers) and we'll merge it for you. Cost is $975 and it comes with a warranty.

Basically you'd need to send us the WRX bulkhead (all behind the dash and two grommets through the firewall) and the Legacy wiring harness as well.

Anything i could help on, let me know

wrxya33
01-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Are you trying to do the merge yourself? If so, I'd suggest you do lots of research and take your time.

Not to try and sell things, but you could always send it to us (East Coast Swappers) and we'll merge it for you. Cost is $975 and it comes with a warranty.

Basically you'd need to send us the WRX bulkhead (all behind the dash and two grommets through the firewall) and the Legacy wiring harness as well.

Anything i could help on, let me know

I thought it was 600 on your website for this service? Also after you do this can i technically drop in the wrx motor and just plug everything in and my car would be done? Oh jst saw this is over a year old but is your price 600 now? So what would i bring you my legacy gt dash harness and the wrx engine harness and ecu?