PDA

View Full Version : Need Engine Mod for Impreza 1.6L 2006

auto-works
08-05-2008, 03:23 AM
Hi,
I have an Impreza 2006 with automatic transmission. Engine is 1600cc and 95HP. I would like to add an intake and exhaust, any ideas? Most modifiers have parts for the 2.0 and up Imprezas and I have hard time getting the right parts.

xXGTBspecXx
08-05-2008, 04:28 AM
wow take pics of your engine bay. that will help us determine wat will fit in your vehicle

Reason
08-05-2008, 05:21 AM
What's that a civic engine in there??

auto-works
08-05-2008, 06:24 AM
lol, yes! The Egyptian dealer is doing that to sell more cars and to provide the Impreza with low MPG as the gas prices are so high in Egypt. I know it's a silly strategy but this is what's going on over there!!!

Huffer
08-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Best engine mod is to fit the proper engine in there... you're talking about a puny engine trying to move a much bigger mass of steel - it's a false fuel economy.

auto-works
08-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Best engine mod is to fit the proper engine in there... you're talking about a puny engine trying to move a much bigger mass of steel - it's a false fuel economy.
I can not agree more on that. The problem is I'm the owner of auto modification company and I've got a project on hand for this Impreza. I need to find something even an intake. I'm thinking about the 3-pulley kit from Group A.

Reason
08-05-2008, 08:43 AM
You want to build the 1.6 engine?

auto-works
08-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Nope! I want to modify it as much as possible. Subaru claims that the engine is 95HP. I want it to reach somewhere around 120HP.

Reason
08-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Nope! I want to modify it as much as possible. Subaru claims that the engine is 95HP. I want it to reach somewhere around 120HP.

Shoot for the sky brother :lol:

auto-works
08-05-2008, 09:36 AM

Shoot for the sky brother :lol:
looooooooooooooooooooool. I cant agree more too :eek: :lol:

Reason
08-05-2008, 09:43 AM
So why build the 1.6 when you own a "auto modification company"? Why not something with balls?

Huffer
08-05-2008, 09:46 AM
nawwwwwssssss

It's a 1.6. Forget it. Use some of that Saudi money and build something actually impressive.

auto-works
08-05-2008, 09:47 AM
nawwwwwssssss

It's a 1.6. Forget it. Use some of that Saudi money and build something actually impressive.
:lol: The car is in a poor place, Egypt!

Reason
08-05-2008, 09:49 AM
nawwwwwssssss

:lol: The car is in a poor place, Egypt!

Isn't there some pyramid tombs you could grave rob to help fund the project? :grin:

Huffer
08-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Then do the easier and more effective mods. Lighten the body - strip the interior, scrap off the sound deadening material, take out the seats.
That's several hundred pounds of weight.

Honestly, it's kind of stupid to try to mod a 1.6L when you own a workshop. It's not really much of a project with potential.

auto-works
08-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Then do the easier and more effective mods. Lighten the body - strip the interior, scrap off the sound deadening material, take out the seats.
That's several hundred pounds of weight.

Honestly, it's kind of stupid to try to mod a 1.6L when you own a workshop. It's not really much of a project with potential.
I agree, Irecommended the 3-plley kit from Group A. And told the customer this is the most cost effective thing to do. In Egypt, they go for universal Chinese stuff, cheap, easy to fit and available everywhere. I know I'm beating in a dead body and the Egyptian market is not the right place to offer valuable and good products. But I gotta satisfy my customer!!

chuckthefuk
08-05-2008, 05:28 PM
- Remove the A/C system if there is any.
- Make your own intake. tubing + the stock MAF is if there is one + Chinese intake cone.
- Remove the intake silencer (snorkus) in the fender..
- Light weight 14" chinese rims?
- Plexiglass windows
- light weight impreza re-bars
- If you have a shop then you should be able to make a exhaust system out of left over pipes.

Your only hope for speed and acceleration is to shed some pounds.

Good luck

auto-works
08-05-2008, 08:08 PM
- Remove the A/C system if there is any.
- Make your own intake. tubing + the stock MAF is if there is one + Chinese intake cone.
- Remove the intake silencer (snorkus) in the fender..
- Light weight 14" chinese rims?
- Plexiglass windows
- light weight impreza re-bars
- If you have a shop then you should be able to make a exhaust system out of left over pipes.

Your only hope for speed and acceleration is to shed some pounds.

Good luck
Thanks man. I'll consider some of these as some like the plexiglass are hard to make at this particular situation...

Sarra
08-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Turbo it straight to hell.

sexystover
08-05-2008, 10:36 PM
weld the head to the block and boost the crap out of it or throw the biiggest shot of nos in it lol but the key here is weld the head to the block so it cant blow a HG lol

OutbackMat
08-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Lightening is your best bet, like others have pointed out. A lightweight driveshaft (if possible and assuming the car is AWD) and flywheel (assuming it's a 5-speed)would also be a good way to reduce rotating mass and put more power to the road.
Also tire weights can vary a lot. A high-flow catalytic converter(s) is usually good for a couple of ponies. I prefer Random Tech, but they're expensive. Dynomax makes a cheaper alternative.

auto-works
08-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Lightening is your best bet, like others have pointed out. A lightweight driveshaft (if possible and assuming the car is AWD) and flywheel (assuming it's a 5-speed)would also be a good way to reduce rotating mass and put more power to the road.
Also tire weights can vary a lot. A high-flow catalytic converter(s) is usually good for a couple of ponies. I prefer Random Tech, but they're expensive. Dynomax makes a cheaper alternative.
Thanks man!
For everyone's info. The car is front wheel and 4 speed manual or 5 speed automatic.

OutbackMat
08-06-2008, 02:58 PM
I think you mean 4-speed automatic or 5-speed manual. So is this car an automatic or a manual?

auto-works
08-06-2008, 06:26 PM
I think you mean 4-speed automatic or 5-speed manual. So is this car an automatic or a manual?
Yeah, thanks for the correction, I meant that. Well, one of them is auto and 2 are manual. I'm working on a manual 1.6 Impreza.

The funny thing for everyone is, when I sent the brake pads tracing on a paper to Carbotech for a price quote, it came up with nothing and those pads do not match any Subaru pads!!!

Looks like this model is highly customized for the Middle East.

chuckthefuk
08-06-2008, 11:45 PM
You have a 2006 impreza FWD? Thats very strange.