PDA

View Full Version : Noob looking for advice: Possible gearbox problem in 2001 B4

cbrady
08-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Hey,
Will appreciate any advice given.
I have a 2001 B4 RSK Automatic and i seem to notice that when accelerating hard when 3rd gear
high revs are reached and if i ease on the throttle completely, it seems hesitant ( 2 seconds or so)
to go into 4th and thus lower revs. I may be imagining it but i dont remember it always being like that.
Does this sound like a problem developing?

Many Thanks

Huffer
08-14-2008, 04:32 PM
How are you easing "on" the throttle "completely" if you've just been accelerating hard?

If it is hesitant to upshift then you may be looking at a TCU issue... is it switching to the primary turbo at that time?

Do you have any dimming of lights when the hesitation happens?

cbrady
08-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Hey,
I mean when i've had the accelerator floored, go up thru the gears get to 5k+ revs in 3rd if i all of a sudden ease on the throttle normally it just slipped into 4th immediately so the revs dropped straight away, but now ive noticed that it stays in 3rd (thus high revs) for a couple seconds longer. Only happens above 5k which is when the second turbo kicks in, the turbo itself is working fine.

cbrady
08-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh and no dimming of lights or any other symptoms.

cbrady
08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Oh and only realising what you meant with ease 'on' throttle, sorry, im from Ireland i should have said ease off on throttle. LoL