PDA

View Full Version : 06 subaru legecy sedan

dc90ms
09-07-2008, 11:17 PM
so i am into mitsubishi but my last mits the tranny went out. and was completely junk. it was a eclipse gsx. very fast but i worked on it to much took all my time. so i switched to subaru

ok well my question is what can i swap to make it fast. i want it turbo. would it be better to get a sti motor n tranny and swap it. or just turbo it.

ohh and what are the specs on my motor its a ej25. thanks

KAG
09-07-2008, 11:34 PM
http://www.cars101.com will have the specs on your car.

As far as swapping goes, it might be a LOT more cost efficient to get an 05+ Legacy GT that already has a turbo from the factory...

dc90ms
09-14-2008, 09:02 PM
do u think my motor can handel a turbo on it and if i take sti pistons and rods n put it in will it work

jey
09-15-2008, 04:54 PM
The NA motor can't handle a lot of boost, and you have to be sure you do the engine management properly or you will break things.

You can swap out the internals, but it still won't be as strong as an STi shortblock by itself.

By the time you have put in all the effort and money into the motor, injectors, turbo, intake/exhaust plumbing, engine management, new clutch, etc. you could have traded it in for a stock, reliable, Legacy GT already, with the correct driveline, suspension, and brakes to support a turbo powerplant.

Okin DaVanh
09-15-2008, 05:19 PM
The NA motor can't handle a lot of boost, and you have to be sure you do the engine management properly or you will break things.

You can swap out the internals, but it still won't be as strong as an STi shortblock by itself.

By the time you have put in all the effort and money into the motor, injectors, turbo, intake/exhaust plumbing, engine management, new clutch, etc. you could have traded it in for a stock, reliable, Legacy GT already, with the correct driveline, suspension, and brakes to support a turbo powerplant.

Sad but True. :dontknow: and you never get back what its worth.

Then on the other hand.... Building a car to your specs isn't a bad trade off.

rougeben83
09-15-2008, 09:59 PM
You have an 06...in all honesty, I wouldn't bother; it wouldve been more cost effective to buy an 05-06 LGT to begin with.