PDA

View Full Version : What size is your fuel tank ?

GT Wagon
10-13-2005, 10:25 PM
The manual for my MY97 GT Wagon states it has a 60 liters / 16 gallon tank. At first I thought my car was drinking fuel like a pig until I filled the tank from empty today. Oddly enough I filled it from the empty mark with 40 liters, not 60.

Does anyone else have the smaller tank in their Legacy ? And, is swapping over to the 60 liter tank plug & play ? I find the range is rather limited and as we go on a lot of summer trips I could really use the extra fuel capacity.

Wiscon_Mark
10-13-2005, 10:33 PM
its not your tank size, the guages are notorious for being inaacurate. Mine is on empty with 6 gallons (around 22 liters) to go. The actual usable space of the tank is only 15 gallons, but it's "15.9" gallons officially.

I think pretty much all Legacies are the same for tank size.

shazapple
10-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Theyre all 60L tanks. Even with the Fuel light on youre supposed to have 10L left.

The car will stay on the E mark for quite a few km (I did this all last year cause I was too poor :lol: )

galek_98gt
10-13-2005, 10:52 PM
and all this time i thought i had a 13.x gallon tank. i'd also like to have an increased capacity tank though.

Cajual
10-14-2005, 09:41 AM
I have a 60 Litre tank (what the hell are gallons? lol :-D)

GT Wagon
10-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Well that's at once interesting and friggin' lame. The fuel gauge on all our cars are wildly inaccurate.

I have a 60 Litre tank (what the hell are gallons? lol :-D)

Out of curiousity, what kind of mileage are you getting with the WRX swap ? I'm thinking of a EJ25T swap from the FXT or 06 WRX.

shazapple
10-14-2005, 01:06 PM
lol, if your worried about milage, a turbo isnt for you!

Huffer
10-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Well that's at once interesting and friggin' lame. The fuel gauge on all our cars are wildly inaccurate.

No, not inaccurate. OPTIMISTIC. :lol:

Put it this way - if you trust the fuel gauge all the time, and never like the needle sitting on or below E, then you'll always have enough gas, and never starve the engine.

I've known owners of other cars where the gauge has been on E, they went round a tight corner at speed, the gas sloshed away from the intake and the motor sucked down air.

Yeah, not much fun after that.

GT Wagon
10-14-2005, 08:33 PM
lol, if your worried about milage, a turbo isnt for you!

I'm not concerned about fuel mileage so much as making sure the car is running right. The worst fuel gauges are the one's in a digital dash. I've had two, an '84 Supra and an '88 626. You'll have 1/4 tank, go around a corner and find out its really running on empty.