PDA

View Full Version : 5spd, no tach...

supra90turbo
10-13-2005, 11:40 PM
finally picked up my 95wagon... didnt realize, but it's a brighton, and the only option it has is AC. i dont have a tach.
so, with that said, do the tach clusters plug right in? i would imagine that there is a plug existent behind there for the tach... same deal as the rear wiper thats not there has a hidden plug for it.. and so do all the switches that have been blocked off.

any input is appreciated.
thank you.
kurt

ps.. if it does so happen to have all the hookups back there, anyone got a tach cluster for sale? preferrably with less than 210,000miles on it, but not too much less...
thanks again.

2deadlegs
10-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Just be happy you have a brighton. Put a 5" tach in it.

supra90turbo
10-14-2005, 12:08 PM
still no help from you, huh?
i have a 3" sunpro tach, but i really dont feel like putting an "add-on" when i can just as easily, or when its probably easier to drop in a tach cluster...

i suppose i can always just look for myself...

shazapple
10-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Yes, you can just get a tach and plug it in. Chances are you can even just put the tach in your current cluster, and not replace the whole thing. (or take your speedo/odo from your old one and put it in a new one, keeping the milage)

Someone asked the same question on my local subaru board (although about an impreza)
http://forum.subaruclub.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2974

2deadlegs
10-14-2005, 03:08 PM
I was just playing. Zapple is right.

GT Wagon
10-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Welcome ! I used to have an Red '89 Supra Turbo myself and a White '84 before that one.

supra90turbo
10-14-2005, 10:08 PM
thanks sha-zapple, although i did get impatient in the meantime and pulled it out to find that there are hookups and everything to just add a tach to the cluster.
thanks for the reply and link.
anyone got a tach for sale? did they only come with the blockoff in the brightons?

GT Wagon: what happened to them? pm me if you dont want to go too far off topic.

GT Wagon
10-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Its a pretty quick story ;-) I sold the '89 Turbo and this is the '84 in its prime and then its demise after a senile old man turned in front of me without any warning.

http://vortex1.no-ip.com/all/automotive/toyota/84_supra.jpg

http://vortex1.no-ip.com/all/automotive/toyota/84_supra_wrecked.jpg

Wiscon_Mark
10-14-2005, 11:24 PM
you could probably get a cluster from an L, LS, LSi, etc that would plug right in, that would be easier than splicing wires, and might look nice too.

galek_98gt
10-14-2005, 11:34 PM
:smt088 the sight of that banged up supra makes baby jesus cry. what a waste of a good car.

supra90turbo
10-16-2005, 12:12 AM
GT Wagon
wow... what a waste of a perfectly good mk2. they're getting pretty rare in the pristine condition it was in, too...

i guess i'll just run to a junkyard and find a cluster for an L or something.

fyi Wiscon_Mark, no splicing is needed! its wired for it and everything, it just has that block off plate that says "subaru legacy" on it. kinda lame if you ask me... i mean, how much could a tach cost as an option when new?

i just dont see how someone can drive a car for 200,000 miles and have no tach in front of them...

thanks guys