PDA

View Full Version : New radiator time?

Colorado_Outback
09-29-2008, 04:11 AM
So on a trip to Montana a couple weeks ago I noticed this coolant seeping from the top of my rad. when I noticed it the first time their was an insert that sat in that little hole and it has since fallen out of their. My concern is that the plug or what ever it is/was is going to pop at some point leaving me stranded.
So what do you think replace it? Fill it with epoxy and see how long it lasts? It never seeps more than a tablespoon or two, but always fills that little well back up when I clean it out.
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/09/2897514837_69ca38af41-1.jpg

Reason
09-29-2008, 05:55 AM
Do NOT fill it with epoxy. You need that to purge your system during refills. It basically is a plastic screw. Check the threads of the hole. If they are stripped get another radiator. If not swipe one from a junkkyard.

Colorado_Outback
09-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Do NOT fill it with epoxy. You need that to purge your system during refills. It basically is a plastic screw. Check the threads of the hole. If they are stripped get another radiator. If not swipe one from a junkkyard.

I was wondering if that wasn't the case. Now I gotta figure out how to get the plastic stub out of that plastic threaded hole..
Off to the pull-n-save, thanks Reason.

decke48
09-29-2008, 02:23 PM
epoxy a plastic fitting. and top it off with a cap that matches in to it

Colorado_Outback
09-29-2008, 03:21 PM
epoxy a plastic fitting. and top it off with a cap that matches in to it

Good idea. I'm going to try and score another plastic screw from the junkyard and get the broken one out with an easy out.
I have a warranty so if I cant get the broken one out ill see if they will change the rad for me.

Colorado_Outback
09-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Anyone have an extra plastic screw laying around? I couldn't locate one at the junk yard, lots of 2.2 stuff.
If not ill go to the stealership here in springs.