PDA

View Full Version : HALP!!!

Supdood
10-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Ok, I'm new to this so I'm not quite sure about a lot of things like which engine would fit in my car.
I would like to turbo my car, but i don't want to pay like 5k to do it.
There is a place in my city that imports motors from Japan, and currently they have an ej20 motor that they said might fit in my car.
the lady said it's a 2 liter twin turbo motor with about 40-50k miles on it.
automatic transmission (it's what I already have in my car so I'm hoping it'll be easier to swap? plus it's all they have)
andd yeah I'm going tomorrow to look at it.
Can you guys help me out and tell me if it won't work?
Oh and it's 699$

Airgne
10-01-2008, 10:52 PM
have to mod the mtor to get it to fit. would have to change it it single turbo or get a steering arm custom made to fit the turbo.

Supdood
10-01-2008, 10:56 PM
FUCKKKKKKK
They also have a single turbo one...would that still be good or would it be worth it to do all the work to make a twin fit

Huffer
10-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Single turbo will fit just fine - but you will still have a lot of work mechanically as you'll need the turbo x-member for exhaust clearance... plus wiring and EM.

Have you read ANY of the swap threads in this section? A swap doesn't take a day to do, otherwise we'd all be boosted by now.

Supdood
10-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Um nobody said anything about it taking a day to do, I'm aware that there's a lot of work involved.
But I was just asking because I didn't have time to go look for threads so I just made one.

AussieDan
10-02-2008, 07:59 PM
If you don't have time to read the threads, you don't have time to do a swap. Either do the research or pay someone to do it for you.

Supdood
10-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm obviously not doing the swap so chill out.
I've never done a swap or anything so I wanna know what kind of work would have to go into it. you guys need to quit acting like the guys on nasty cock

deadlydave
10-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Supdood, Aussiedan has a very informative swap thread and blog cataloging his project. There are groups that can do it for you, Like East Coast Swappers, but I would never trust an average shop to do something of this caliber.

Supdood
10-02-2008, 08:38 PM
haha I know what you mean Dave, I'm actually having my father and his friends do the swap..along with my help (handing them the tools they need and getting the coffee of course lol :D) My dad's been in the car business since he came to america so I'm not worried about my BE being in the wrong hands =] thank you for the concern tho

outbacktweaked95
10-02-2008, 10:46 PM
not to piss on anyones parade but my grandfathers owns a garageand has for 40 years but still a swap isnt easy my any means and most of all not cheap. just some ideas what ecu are u going to use the stock one or the doner engine one. thats a big problem if its not been addressed. also if u need a reliable car swapping always has its little problems. most get worked out but take time lots of it.

Huffer
10-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Because SupDood didn't bother to read any of the existing threads and decided to create another one and clog up the forum with the same questions , I am locking this.