PDA

View Full Version : my 92 overheating

rice or die
10-05-2008, 07:25 PM
ok so my 92 legacy ss is over heating, heres a list of symptoms and things ive done:

remember i also have a td04 swap(if that helps)

-new headgaskets (heads were not warped)

-runs at average temp and out of no where strikes straight to hot

-put a new radiator cap on (16 lbs)

-cooling fans work fine

- the car over heats in about 10 minutes after reaching normal temp. but it doesnt matter whether i go really fast or really slow, the temp just spikes randomly

-new thermostat

-when it starts to overheat if i put it in nuetral and rev up the motor alot it instantly cools back to average temp then spikes again

- temp is hot but i can put my hand on the motor and it really isnt that hot at all

-the pressure is really high

- no white smoke or water coming from exhaust

-blurped the system many times but doesnt work

- heater works good until it overheats then its cool air but when switched to a/c its hot even if the temp is really hot

Sarra
10-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Ummm, all I can think of is water pump, or possibly sending unit for the temp gauge. What kind of coolant are you running? Mix? Brand?

rice or die
10-06-2008, 08:47 PM
the pump is fairly new, i was running coolant from jiffy lube so 50/50 mix... but then after my first overheating i lost all of my coolant so i put in water a couple times and now its 50/50 coolant but im not wasting money if i keep overheating and it boils out so now im starting to put water back in