PDA

View Full Version : SL-i.net's first ever Forza Motorsport 2 Invitational!

ryu_haneda
10-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Okay, so if anyone's followed along, you already know we have had two test runs for SL-i.net Forza 2 gatherings on Xbox LIVE.

Next week, since it is the beginning of November, we will have our first ever SL-i.net Forza Motorsport Invitational!

So far, the basic scheme of things is the following:

1. Cars to be used must be Class A spec
2. Driver aids will be allowed
3. Each race night will consist of 4 tracks
4. Scoring will be calculated independently of the game
5. Races will be hosted in the CAREER multiplayer section (game cash up for grabs)
6. Collisions will be on "default" (no collisions in the case of kamikaze backwards driving).

If at all possible, can people post pics of their rides here that they will be using, with their performance index number? (It's okay if your car's not ready yet, just post it up before the next race... I would need to find out what my official performance index rating is, or will be.) I will need to know the performance index for everyone's car to help figure out races. Feel free to point out any significant features of your ride if you wish.

Collisions are debatable, but I feel that as long as we have a good time and are competitive but not brutal, this should not be a problem (I guess standard racing rules apply here, I may want to pull up a quick reference guide somewhere). However, even though the occasional accident is inevitable (...and some hits are always debated, eh Perdue? :grin:), knuckleheaded and deliberate behavior will be dealt with.. This would include the usual black-flag infractions on-track, plus anything otherwise deemed unsportsmanlike.

So, with that said, I need people who are interested in joining the next race to sign up now. The invitational will either be run in groups of 4 or groups of 8 cars, and depending on the actual cars raced, competition may be broken up into sub classes like power cars and handling cars (this would especially be done if there is a wide enough difference in performance indices for cars tuned).

If this works out, I could wind up adding an online gaming feature like this to the SL-i.net members magazine!

ONE LAST THING: I have heard that at least one to two people (or more) may have difficulty with the race schedule if it stays at Mondays and Tuesdays (or just one of those days per week). Since I would really like to stay at a Monday or Tuesday time, I was wondering if people wanted to begin racing next Monday or Tuesday (not these coming days), pushing it back a week further. This would give people a chance to REALLY tune their cars.

Anyways, thanks for reading. Take care!
-ryu_haneda

Mr. Sociable
10-31-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm in. Tuesday night works for me. Not sure on car yet...I'll post one up later today.

decke48
10-31-2008, 02:13 PM
2003 renault clio v6 RS
A-850
RWD
618hp
460tq
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/10/ea8d05262424408c99931d50649bd39-1.jpg
as for race times ill see what i can do but i work from 4pm to 12pm(est) part time. more auto mechanics. so if im not working ill be on but idk. some nights are slow

ryu_haneda
10-31-2008, 03:36 PM
Niiice Renault.

Sheesh! I can't believe I haven't put an SL-i.net decal on my car yet for Forza 2! Thanks for the inspiration.

Perdue
10-31-2008, 04:48 PM
This is most likely what I'll be bringing to the table...

Audi RS 4

PI: A-844
Power: 436HP
Torque: 329 lb-ft
Weight: 2,724lbs

Speed: 6.2
Acceleration: 6.9
Braking: 5.2
Handling: 5.1
Rarity: 7.5

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/10/RS403-1.jpg

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/10/RS404-1.jpg

Like I said before, I work every third day and that will mean that every third monday, or every third tuesday, I won't be able to race, as I won't be home.

Edit: New paint and plates...

Perdue
10-31-2008, 04:54 PM
And as I stated before, I think we'll have a much fairer race if we either limit entries to one specific car, or establish a HP/TQ limit. The other night on the 'ring I got smoked by a damned stingray with eleventy-billion HP and still class a...it sucked.

Mr. Sociable
10-31-2008, 08:30 PM
And as I stated before, I think we'll have a much fairer race if we either limit entries to one specific car, or establish a HP/TQ limit. The other night on the 'ring I got smoked by a damned stingray with eleventy-billion HP and still class a...it sucked.

This can be countered by using a variety of tracks. Just have a mix of tight courses and more open ones and every car can be competitive.

Here's my entry (SUBJECT TO CHANGE, I just can't seem to properly dial in any of these new cars :roll: ):

Lotus Esprit

PI: 848
Power: 358 hp
Torque: 301 lb/ft
Weight: 2,856 lbs

Speed: 6.3
Acceleration: 5.6
Braking: 5.9
Handling: 5.8

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/10/SliInvitationalcar2-1.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic...I just used my camera because it was easy. :lol:

ryu_haneda
10-31-2008, 11:41 PM
Excellent point about track selection. Those that have run with us already know that the tracks we have selected have been something of a mix of flat-out speed and extremely technical precision.

Anyone remember King Cobra this past Tuesday? That's going to be a nice track for the technical cars.

The sooner everyone else puts their John Hancock on this page saying "they're in" and posts up their cars, the sooner we'll know what kind of mix we'll need for the tracks.

It would be possible for me to put up a track list now, and then start laying out the event, but I think we can benefit from one more week of test runs to see what other tracks work well. Plus it would be cool to see more people on. So unless anyone has any objections, then, next week will NOT be the start of the competition.

We will be holding a test run on Tuesday night at 9pm or shortly thereafter. This Tuesday I will be hosting a test of the Career multiplayer race mode (hey, might as well earn some money while testing tracks, huh?). More details to come.

In the meantime, please keep posting up car pics and specs! This will help us determine track selection and other factors contributing to the competition. (Say, now that I also have a chance to take an extra week to prepare this, who knows if I can't contact the Turn 10 staff and see if we can't get a prize or two for having a Forza 2 competition? We'll see.)

Thanks for your time. Keep the cars and specs coming!

blackgtbeauty
11-01-2008, 10:28 AM
So I just need a class A vehicle? I haven't played forza in a while I dont' remember what I have.

Perdue
11-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Unless things have changed, to my knowledge, all you need is a vehicle that has a Class A Performance Index. I don't think Ryu is limiting HP or anything.

Just throwing an idea out to level the playing field even more. Why not just do one track per night/event, but run 25-30 laps. In this instance, everything from tire choice, to gearing (fuel economy), to balanced tuning, to consitancy of both car and driver play into a win, as well as limit the needed time to 30-40 minutes to be competitive. This will also give everyone one track a week to tune for and practice on. I can imagine it would make keeping track of a points race easier as well.

And since everyone's schedules differ so much, maybe we can only schedule one or two points events a month. We'd be able to schedule in advance like that and allow everyone a fair chance (IE: I work a 24hr every third day and can't race those days, Sam works a lot of evening/night shifts, Roger has band nights, and so on).

Just throwing out some more ideas.

Mr. Sociable
11-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Uggh I hate long races, but if that's what everyone is up for, then sure. My vote still goes towards using a mix of tracks.

ryu_haneda
11-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Perdue, I'm definitely liking the idea exchange here. Thanks for the feedback.

Bottom line for everyone is that this should be a fun, challenging competition. There's no doubt that the ultimate track selection will involve a plethora of tracks, and that the goal will be to provide a balanced experience regardless of individual cars that are used.

I like the idea of providing one track a night to really get people used to running and get them ready. But I also know how much fun it was to keep switching out tracks and see how people adjusted to tracks that, in some instances, they never drove on at all.

This is all good food for thought as I get ready for Tuesday night's test run. More to come...

badbasser98
11-02-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm in...

Will likely be using this.

PI: 850
Power: 358 hp
Torque: 377 lb/ft
Weight: 2,428 lbs

Speed: 5.1
Acceleration: 6.1
Braking: 6.0
Handling: 5.8

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/11/SLi1-1.jpg

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/11/SLi2-1.jpg

:grin:

blackgtbeauty
11-02-2008, 12:27 PM
No, your banned from using that car!

badbasser98
11-02-2008, 02:48 PM
uhh, fine... I won't use the STi :roll:

Mr. Sociable
11-02-2008, 04:50 PM
I can already tell I'm gonna get my ass kicked. :roll: :lol:

blackgtbeauty
11-02-2008, 06:06 PM
uhh, fine... I won't use the STi :roll:

Well, you can use it, you just have to stay at the starting line for 30sec at the beginning of each race :grin:

ryu_haneda
11-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Hey, break it up you two... :lol: everyone is free to run whatever they want as long as it meets the car guidelines already established. I'm liking the Subaru and non-Subaru diversity on this run, and if Matt wants to run a pwn-friendly STi, that is his bag.

Now, that being said... there may be some surprises in store for this invitational. Hehe... stay tuned...

Perdue
11-03-2008, 10:57 AM
lol It's just an inside joke Ryu...we were racing yesterday morning and Rob and I banned him from using the STi anymore. I may change my entry before the race...I've got an M3 and a 997 that I'm liking too.

ryu_haneda
11-03-2008, 04:19 PM
I started playing Forza 2 online about a month ago (before all this started) and my first ever online race was with an S204 Impreza. Nice looking and performing car, especially since I ran it with absolutely no tune whatsoever. I found the Legacy when trying to find other alternates to the Impreza in Forza 2. It would have been cool to have a Forester to run and tune in the game. Maybe I can ask Turn 10 reeeeeeal nice... :)

I'm still not good enough to run RWD cars in this game, though, regardless of how fast they can go. That's why I'm sticking with my strengths (you know, hammer on the brake near the end of a turn and blast the gas coming out :grin:)... of course, when we start getting real serious and racing good races (10+ laps) that kind of thinking will result in premature pit stops, methinks....

That's all for now. REMEMBER KIDS - TOMORROW NIGHT AT 9PM FOR ANOTHER TEST RUN! This one will be in the Career multiplayer section, so that people get some money off these runs. The more the merrier...

Matter of fact, can the people who know they can make tomorrow night check in? That way I can gauge in my head what we might do. (God willing, of course...)

Latuh!

Mr. Sociable
11-03-2008, 05:32 PM
I'll be on tomorrow night, though I can only afford 1 A class car (I had to restart the game so I'm not finished re-beating it) and have no idea how to join a custom lobby. :lol:

Perdue
11-03-2008, 06:20 PM
I'll be at work, but when I'm done cooking/eating, I'll probably be on tonight...dunno if it'll be Forza or COD4 though.

Plays_with_Toys
11-03-2008, 09:06 PM
WHATSSS UP!!!!!!!!!!!

So for some reason my gamer tag is now activated on xbox live. I'd definitely be in for a race or two. I don't really like long races and would rather see maybe a 15-20 lap race instead. I've never raced on live, what needs to be done? I have a VW that I'd be using.

Perdue
11-03-2008, 09:23 PM
15-20 would be great IMO. You have to have Live Gold (there's silver, then there's gold...gold allows online play while silver just lets you download and shit). Then just go to multiplayer rather than career and the menu is pretty self explanatory.

Plays_with_Toys
11-04-2008, 02:10 AM
How would I join your guys' race? I've been playing COD4 on my name for the last week, so I should have some temporary gold access.

Also, what time are we talking about doing this. I'm in mountain time zone, and I know there is east coasters on here and lots in between. So 7 oclock for you guys might be 5oclock for me.

ryu_haneda
11-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Once I add your gamertag to my friends list and you approve me, I'll send out invitations for this night's run. The first 7 to respond will run the test run with me!

badbasser98
11-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I'll be on tonight if anyone cares to join me :wink:

I'll probably test a few other cars :twisted:

Mr. Sociable
11-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Wait... 9pm EST or what? :-?

ryu_haneda
11-04-2008, 09:04 PM
test run is NOW :grin:

Mr. Sociable
11-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Lets do this thing bitches.

ryu_haneda
11-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Hooooo boy... those of you that did not get to go on tonight will get a nice taste when I post pics tomorrow. All I gotta say. :grin: Later!

EDIT: Check the "First ever SL-i Forza 2 meet" thread for tonight's pics.

henryq89
11-05-2008, 12:18 AM
ryu!!!!,,,add me ...my gamertag is StreetsSi!!...i wanna play COD4 and w.e else....my forza 2 is on the way (my other one was wrecked lol)

Plays_with_Toys
11-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Where's that thread at?

Mr. Sociable
11-05-2008, 02:25 AM
Holy shit plays with toys...that was you?!?!?

Who knew haha. I'm Dan, we've met at two of the local meets. :lol:

ryu_haneda
11-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Link to Forza 2 pic thread is here:

http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?p=132060#132060

New pics posted!

Plays_with_Toys
11-05-2008, 12:14 PM
that was me. And yep, I remember meeting you at red rocks. I think we've met up at two different red rocks meets. Next time I'll warm up before hitting the internet though. Those first few races were... well... ugly haha...

Huffer
11-06-2008, 12:12 PM
You guys going to repeat next week, Nov 11th?

I am trying to clear it with Mrs Huffer from 9pm to 11pm. I'll activate my (48hr) gold membership too. :lol:

I have a good friend of mine who is interested in joining... he spends way too much time in the auction house selling Saleens.

ryu_haneda
11-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Lord willing, we will have another test run on Tuesday, November 11th. Previous suggestions are helping to oil the machine as I prepare the invitational.

While I'm on the topic, since people are picking non-Subaru cars/different makes for the Forza 2 Invitational (and that is ok and allowed), one of the rules that will be followed for the competition is simple.

If you want to run with an 800hp Camaro, that's fine. If you want a 550hp Impreza, that's ok. If you want a Lotus Elise with 195hp and a kickin' suspension setup, that's ok. HOWEVER, do be advised that you will only get the use of that ONE car for the racing series. (This will make it very interesting to see how versatile people are with their cars on various tracks.)

EDIT: Oh, and I am still trying to get official word from Turn 10 if we can get prize sponsorship for this event. Stay tuned...

Huffer
11-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Oh snap. It's like Pinks.

Hey, is there tuning between races allowed?

Mr. Sociable
11-06-2008, 02:15 PM

We hadn't discussed this. Generally, I would like to say no, as people could then tune their one car specifically for different tracks. This is more than I want to put into the competition, and IMO takes away from what this is supposed to be...a casual, fun, semi-competitive competition. It's definitely open for discussion though. :smile:

blackgtbeauty
11-06-2008, 02:19 PM

We hadn't discussed this. Generally, I would like to say no, as people could then tune their one car specifically for different tracks. This is more than I want to put into the competition, and IMO takes away from what this is supposed to be...a casual, fun, semi-competitive competition. It's definitely open for discussion though. :smile:

I don't see why not, being still a competition, it's not like your changing out parts.

Perdue
11-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Tuning between tracks or not, a AWD car will not do well on a large open circuit, where as a RWD car will not do well on a tight track. The only thing I'd be changing is if I'd use the Audi and need to gear it higher for the tracks so I'd have something top-end.

Plays_with_Toys
11-06-2008, 02:20 PM
You have nothing to fear, but fear itself. Oh. And these three cars:

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/5041/12b2ed3e60ca4d959a9f93ftn5.jpg
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/3614/a629a1cf7f404d99a65f3a2tc6.jpg
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/1416/0d2bcd92fdd847f4aba9270xf1.jpg

As another note, if you look at the cars you'll see some different designed number decals, I am perfectly willing to create the logo, you gift me a car, and I'll load the logo on the car then gift it back.

ryu_haneda
11-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Noob question: where DO you gift cars in Forza 2?

Mr. Sociable
11-07-2008, 01:15 PM
PWT - I'd be interested in a decal (or whole custom paint scheme)...how can we do this?

BigLooga1
11-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm IN, anytime any day after 8pm Eastern time.

Gamertag : BigLooga

I have done a couple of cool livery designs.

-Heineken beer
-Labatt blue beer
-Cohiba Cigars
-Monopoly car
-Slush puppie racing (hey i was bored, cmon)

You can check it out in the official forza forums, search for my name, BigLooga. I will post the link when i finish work.

Later guys, back to work.

Edit, spent a couple of hours on those and they gave me lots of money.

Check it out,

Monopoly design

Front :

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/11/mono111-1.jpg

Side :

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/11/mono2-1.jpg

Cohiba cigars (Hmmmmm HMMM, i smoke only the best.)

Front :

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/11/cohiba22-1.jpg

Side :

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/11/cohiba1-1.jpg

Heineken beer (I also drink the best)

Front :

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/11/hhbeer1-1.jpg

Side :

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/11/hhhbeer3-1.jpg

Slush Puppy Racing

Front :

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/11/s6-1.jpg

Side :

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/11/s11-1.jpg

Labatt Blue Beer

Front / Side :

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/11/b1-1.jpg

BigLooga1
11-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Hey Plays_with_toys, SICK subaru design!

Reason
11-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Where do you get all the designs?

Mr. Sociable
11-10-2008, 01:27 AM

You make them.

Huffer
11-10-2008, 10:15 AM
The customizations in Forza 2 are sick. I can never be bothered but I love watching them pass me. :lol:

blackgtbeauty
11-10-2008, 10:19 PM

You make them.

Those are made from scratch or is there a way to upload pics?

Reason
11-10-2008, 10:25 PM

You make them.

Those are made from scratch or is there a way to upload pics?

Thats what I'm asking.

Mr. Sociable
11-10-2008, 11:17 PM
All made from scratch.

Plays_with_Toys
11-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Biglooga, thanks for the compliment, that design took alot of time. Had to add shading in alot of places to make it look halfway decent. Your designs are quite impressive as well.

Huffer
11-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Are we running tonight? I'll be on if we are. No headset though, do I need one?

BigLooga1
11-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Plays with toys,

I am interested in either purchasing one of your car with army style design, how much?

If someone is playing tonight i might be available as of 8 Eastern time.

RYU HANEDA,

i added you to my friends list, thanks for the request.

ryu_haneda
11-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Barring any interruptions, we should be running as usual tonight at 9pm Eastern time.

Sorry for not posting up pics lately, whole bunch of stuff happened in one stream of time:

1. Sewage backup into basement on Tuesday - since fixed
2. Mom-in-law and grandfather-in-law in hospital on Friday - mom's out, grandfather should be out today
3. Looking for a new place
4. Job opportunity at my work fell through

Obviously, I still have crazy large amounts of stuff to be thankful for (like the fact that I'm still EMPLOYED), and I am thankful to God through Jesus Christ my Savior that I'm still in one piece and happily married (7 years - BOOOYAH!)

Bring your A class cars out, and B-class if you've got 'em too. This will be a test run as usual, and another chance to contribute for the upcoming competition.

Huffer: Hurry up and get a headset! Crank up the volume on your tv if you can't get one today, but headsets add more play value to the game (as anyone who has survived our laugh sessions can say).

Huffer
11-11-2008, 02:31 PM
I'll stop at Gamestop tonight and pick up a HS. :)

See you girls later. :P

blackgtbeauty
11-11-2008, 02:39 PM
I'll be playing some COD5, but you guys can send me messages so I'll remember, I'd like to race around a bit.

ryu_haneda
11-11-2008, 06:22 PM
CHECK-IN TIME!
Here's how the meet works tonight: everyone who wants in, reply with your gametag. The first 7 get in. (The meet is still at 9pm, but I still need a list.)

GO!

BigLooga1
11-11-2008, 06:26 PM

9pm Eastern time?

blackgtbeauty
11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
integra92red

ryu_haneda
11-11-2008, 07:22 PM

9pm Eastern time?

Yup :grin:

Plays_with_Toys
11-11-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm in. Gamer tag Krautastic

I'm still working on the SL-i racing placard. Also, biglooga, I've never sold a design, so i don't know how to.

Huffer
11-12-2008, 06:56 AM
All hail the pumpkin.

BigLooga1
11-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Hey Guys,.

Last night i could just do one race, some friends popped by and wanted to play too.

Plays_with_toys,

i don't want to buy your design, i would like to buy a car off you. Basically, make another one, lock the design and sell it to me, i have almost unlimited funds with the designs i did, shoot a price.

We shall play again for sure.

blackgtbeauty
11-12-2008, 11:19 AM
All hail the pumpkin.

:lol:

Perdue
11-12-2008, 04:57 PM
...stupid pumpkins. :roll:

ryu_haneda
11-12-2008, 08:12 PM
I might not look at real life pumpkins the same way again after last night :grin:

henryq89
11-12-2008, 09:43 PM
damn....for some strange reason everytime ryu send me a request to join it kept failing on me :cry:

ryu_haneda
11-18-2008, 08:37 PM
ALLRIGHT!
It's that time again... we will start at 9pm as usual. Throwin' out the invites like the night is long, the first 7 to get in at 9pm will run with me.

Reason
11-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Will you guys be on around 10pm est?

ryu_haneda
11-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Oh yeah. Already on. We run at least until 10:30.

ryu_haneda
11-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Forza 2 lesson over! Pix to come.

Plays_with_Toys
11-21-2008, 04:43 AM
Wow- so... running through the replays and getting good shots is quite a bit of work... Not sure who is who in these pics...

This is A class racing at Tsukuba, I ditched my corrado to try out my Hatchi Roku... I modded it to run as a C class grip racer, then applied my A class drift hop ups, and hoped the grip setup would still work... turns out it's not so good... so I drifted the race, this is lap 3/4 with Ryu Haneda in the background looking to lap me before race end.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6110/b44b913c34de4754944a012xy5.jpg

Ryu Haneda in the foreground, not sure in the background. This is the same Tsukuba race.
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4465/d28f37fc054245c082607c7le7.jpg

A class racing at Sebring. Me in my Corrado passing on the inside under braking. I think this is EJ25LGT.
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2949/d29c19af617f491a8c5632fwj9.jpg

Nordschleife B class race. This is on the beginning straight. Essentially everyone launched at quite different rates. Ryu bumped a camaro at the start and after it went in the wall a few more cars got together including Perdue who got caught up in this wreck but was able to escape before it got really tangled. Hence the smoke stretching for hundreds of meters. In this pic is EJ25LGT and one of the orange pumpkin cars.
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/246/f462e339a9c54c47a326ffdci6.jpg

I'm going to back in and grab some more images, as many more people raced, and I realize I only included maybe 2-4 members in these pics.

Reason
11-21-2008, 10:25 AM
How would I join your guys' race? I've been playing COD4 on my name for the last week, so I should have some temporary gold access.

Also, what time are we talking about doing this. I'm in mountain time zone, and I know there is east coasters on here and lots in between. So 7 oclock for you guys might be 5oclock for me.

For some reason last time I tried to play with these guys my x box would freeze up. Oh well, we should get a COD4 match going on.

henryq89
11-21-2008, 10:26 AM
OMG whose driving that 22B ...theres no one inside...thats dangerous...

lmfao

ryu_haneda
11-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Hey all,

Great pics. I may post some of mine up from this week and last week tonight.

Henryq89, those Subarus are right hand drive, so it looks like there's no one in 'em. I had to doublecheck that myself :grin:

Sorry for not being more active, things have been difficult at home lately. All those who are having financial problems in the current economy, raise your hand! :smt006

-ryu_haneda

Mr. Sociable
11-21-2008, 12:38 PM
I keep forgetting about these. :smt021

Plays_with_Toys
11-21-2008, 01:26 PM
No worries on the images. I'm just bummed because I didn't save the Nurburg Ring race when I had my mercedes, there would have been an awesome shot when someone- can't remember who- crashed out on one of the straights, and I flew by really close to his car and hit his bumper laying out in the road, it flew up out of the way.

That mercedes was fast- but good god it's so undriveable. I drove it again last night without traction control and gears 1-3 are useless. I even spin the tires in fourth gear on certain turns. It's the only car I will drive with traction control turned on.

decke48
11-21-2008, 02:21 PM
OMG whose driving that 22B ...theres no one inside...thats dangerous...
lmfao
no 22b in the game. it the Tommy Kaira M20b which is they version of the 22b
with the 2.2 stroke, widebody, and all the goodies
makes me want the M20tb 94 legacy

ryu_haneda
11-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Actually, I may have actually saved the 'Ring replay from this Tuesday... I might check and see tonight.

ryu_haneda
11-24-2008, 04:41 PM
GENERAL REMINDER!!!

Tonight will be the last test run for Forza Motorsport 2 "invitational theory". We will enjoy some of the usual track selections and there will be open discussion about what the coming year will bring for competition.

After tonight's test run, there will be no more test runs for Forza Motorsport 2 invitationals until 2009, most likely mid-January or later. So if you have any questions or inquiries, now's the time to :smt006 .

See you guys TONIGHT at 9pm Eastern Time! Usual invitation rules apply.

Mr. Sociable
11-24-2008, 05:09 PM
SOB it's looking like I'm gonna miss this. Just when I got my Quattro all pretty too. :-(

I would still love to see a C-class invite as the first one. I'll try and get on, but I'm not sure I'll be there in time. Have fun all.

Huffer
11-24-2008, 08:34 PM
I won't be there... I'm at church right now with the band for rehearsals.

But I'd have my butt handed to me in any race series for sure.

Plays_with_Toys
11-25-2008, 04:57 PM
So we had just an impromptu race on saturday, snagged this set of pics from a monumental crash on Suzuka. It was either me or reason that was going to go down in this head on collision as we lined up on this road... I can't remember who was in the Mercedes, but here it goes....

Heading into the first corner of Suzuka the mercedes and I (Saleen) bump together, we both keep control, but as a result our line is messed up and we each go wide, he starts to lose control in the grass.... Reason is right on our tails in hise highly modified Honda CRX
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/3474/99457c3c51b84db2923b79fnd3.jpg

As the Benz loses control it starts spinning back onto the race track as reason tucks in tight to avoid colliding with my Saleen also coming back to the track...
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/851/f882e23967fa4846b498723ja5.jpg

The benz rotates around coming back onto the track as reason and I straighten out and take our lanes, neither one of us knowing where the Benz will end up, but bracing ourselves for our emergency maneuver to get out...
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7254/2202b56efd264783ac6bba1xg0.jpg

Unfortunately the mercedes lines up squarely head on with reason, who is traveling nearly 100mph, when they come together....
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8782/bf8b63083ef3429a8fb685dcq3.jpg

The aftermath as reason gets back on the road...
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4065/a161e52dbe184cf88e98a6cgy3.jpg

FWIW, in conjunction with what Ryu is doing as part of the Forza invitational race, I am developing a Legacy Spec class race series. Whether it becomes a part of the invitational or not will depend on where the votes go, but essentially, I'm developing a car that will only allow for tire pressure changes as tuning. All cars will receive the same paint scheme with color/number changes to distinguish the racers.

Mr. Sociable
11-25-2008, 06:23 PM
That was me in the Mercedes. :oops:

Reason
11-25-2008, 06:54 PM
FWD wheelies FTW! Thats a bad CRX that's not tuned at all. I didn't do TOO bad for being low on the totem pole and being an under skilled driver. Maybe when I start playing Forza again I will try to mod it and bring it out to play. :smt029

Plays_with_Toys
11-25-2008, 09:57 PM
No worries Dan, that series of photos was over a period of like 1.5 seconds. We just got together in turn 1 and as a result you took a spin. It was pretty hilarious to watch.

Mr. Sociable
11-25-2008, 11:24 PM
No worries Dan, that series of photos was over a period of like 1.5 seconds. We just got together in turn 1 and as a result you took a spin. It was pretty hilarious to watch.

Lol I'm not really THAT embarassed about it. Crashes are usually pretty hilarious in this game, mostly because they usually involve 4-5 cars. :lol:

Perdue
11-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Or me forcing Roger into the pits. :grin:

Huffer
11-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Or me forcing Roger into the pits. :grin:

:smt017 :smt021 :smt014 :smt013 :smt011 :smt018 :smt027

Perdue
11-27-2008, 11:34 PM
lol it was an unforeseeable mechanical failure beyond my control. (AKA: My batteries died)

Perdue
11-27-2008, 11:39 PM
FWIW, in conjunction with what Ryu is doing as part of the Forza invitational race, I am developing a Legacy Spec class race series. Whether it becomes a part of the invitational or not will depend on where the votes go, but essentially, I'm developing a car that will only allow for tire pressure changes as tuning. All cars will receive the same paint scheme with color/number changes to distinguish the racers.

I missed this. I'm not so sure that I agree with the same paint scheme thing, but forcing race-style schemes with assigned numbers would be cool (I call #223).

ryu_haneda
11-28-2008, 03:34 PM
FYI, I call dibs on number 7.

I've been away from the fray for a little bit, so I will jump in and announce what will be taking place:

1. Come December, we will begin the Forza 2 voting series. Each vote will get its own thread.
2. So far, thread topics are going to go in order, and cover topics like whether or not we will go with the Legacy series, or what class will we drive, or what cars can be chosen, etc.
3. Once the voting is complete, a list of participants will be chosen.
4. The points system will be added up outside of the points system for the game, so each competition will result in a specific number of points granted to the racers. To make it real simple, if we run a full race with 8 people (myself hosting), first place gets 7 points, second place gets 6 points, and on down the line. Since I am not in this for prizes, everyone else will at least get one point to move on to the next race.

5. Speaking of which, I'm trying to figure out exactly whether or not we will be able to source any prizes as of yet for the competition. I am thinking about gifting away some of the powerful cars I recently received, but I might be able to consult the Forza Motorsport website/forums to see what we can do.

Whatever we do, I want the same fun spirit to remain in each competition. I really enjoyed laughing with you guys during the test runs, and I hope everything stays in good character. I've really come to regard you guys as family and hope that everyone has a good time.

Stay tuned...

Perdue
11-28-2008, 08:49 PM
One dysfunctional ass family...

11-29-2008, 05:22 AM
1. Come December, we will begin the Forza 2 voting series. Each vote will get its own thread.

the gamer lounge will be littered with so many forza 2 threads, finding anything else will be hard...

we need like... a sub-thread

Reason
11-29-2008, 05:27 AM
[quote="ryu_haneda":1x4t003a]

the gamer lounge will be littered with so many forza 2 threads, finding anything else will be hard...

we need like... a sub-thread[/quote:1x4t003a]

I'll work on sub threads soon. I've been taking my time learning all the new features first.

11-29-2008, 05:29 AM
[quote="ryu_haneda":249ervsn]

we need like... a sub-thread

I'll work on sub threads soon. I've been taking my time learning all the new features first.[/quote:249ervsn]

damn, that was quick! lol

Mr. Sociable
11-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Looking forward to the invatational.

Also, dibs on #39. kthxbye

henryq89
12-29-2008, 12:38 AM
just two of my many cars...hehehe....:evil laugh in process:
:smt016
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/12/2lksocz-1.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/12/52nvgj-1.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/12/8zmkc9-1.jpg

and yes that Maserati MC 12 is insanely quirk ....and yes that is the 2 fast 2 furious Evo :grin:

henryq89
01-07-2009, 11:48 AM
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2009/01/2nrm4w4-1.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2009/01/157f9u-1.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2009/01/ie0cx2-1.jpg \

evil!