PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman Powder Coat System

xcntrk75
10-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Check this sucker out:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product. ... at=For+Him (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00917288000&subcat=For+Him)

Looks pretty cool for a reasonable price too... Only problem is you have to find an oven large enough to cook whatever you're powder coating...

sheepdog
10-27-2005, 05:37 PM
I was gonna pick one of those up sometime soon.... I was going to see if I could find a review of how well it worked first though.

NewGenSTi
01-16-2006, 05:50 AM
I have no experience with the craftsman gun, but I have tried the hotcoat hobby gun, and the columbia hobby gun as well as the hotcoat professional that I have now. and they all shoot decent. but nothing compared to the higher end guns they use in shops. great for small parts though. I have been powdercoating on the side for about 4 years now I used to have an oven large enough for me to stand inside of, but it was poorly built and it caught on fire. so now I just have an old house oven. great for valve covers and stuff. just a hair too small for the suby intake though. I am working on building one a little larger now to take on some bigger parts like wheels ect

dropdfocus
01-21-2006, 01:32 AM
I've looked into both the Craftsman & the Eastwood one... The Eastwood HotCoat system is by far the better deal. It's been promoted on many automotive programs & is very easy to use.
Just my $.02 worth on the matter.

I already have a full annodizing system set up in my basement, sand blasting cabinet on the 2nd floor of my garage & exterior sand blasting gun w/ sand hopper. Now I plan to add powder coating to my custom work I can do.

Tazmaniandevil
12-18-2006, 06:09 AM
I just have an old house oven. great for valve covers and stuff. just a hair too small for the suby intake though. I am working on building one a little larger now to take on some bigger parts like wheels ect
How about a tar/pitch boiler (http://search.ebay.co.uk/tar-boiler_W0QQfcclZ1QQfclZ4QQfnuZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1). You should be able to fit a wheel in there.

superhero
12-01-2011, 01:18 AM
try googling DIY powder coat oven ... lots of hits... some guy on chopperforum was even giving up CAD drawings for a professional oven... I picked up a used oven this summer from a buddy in hopes that I get a powder coating setup going next year!

just wish tools were reasonably priced here on my side of the Atlantic... one of the reasons I really miss Canada!

d1giPhux
12-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Just checked out this powdercoat gun.. looks like its pretty nice. Watched some videos on youtube, and it looks like it sprays the powder quite nice. Man.. if only I had the room for an extra oven and a sand blaster or something!

Anyone know any cheap sand blasting solutions?

bulldozer24
12-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Just checked out this powdercoat gun.. looks like its pretty nice. Watched some videos on youtube, and it looks like it sprays the powder quite nice. Man.. if only I had the room for an extra oven and a sand blaster or something!

Anyone know any cheap sand blasting solutions?

Harbor freight has some for cheap, i can dig you up a coupon if you like

d1giPhux
12-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Which of theirs is a good one? I don't have access to a super powerful compressor is all..

bulldozer24
12-01-2011, 10:36 PM
well what cfm does it produce