PDA

View Full Version : b4 ej20tt into 98 Legacy GT, will it work?

ajmilla
12-03-2008, 11:47 AM
So I was supposed to have a 97 gt ej20tt front clip shipped to me but the motor ended up being blown, so the guy said he would give me a b4 ej20tt front clip for the same price. I know the engine will fit if I go rhd and get a 97 rhd dash but the main question i have is if the wiring is mostly the same. Just wondering if it is worth waiting around for a 97 gt front clip to come in 2 months or so.

subychris91
12-04-2008, 12:34 AM
i am doing the same swap right now into a rhd legacy postal wagon and the wiring harness will be backwards for your car as a lhd ie the ecm of the engine you are getting is on the left hand side of the car the fuse panel under the dash is on the right hand side of the car not that it cant be done but it will be considerably more wiring to reverse the harness and the down pipes will likely interfere with your steering shaft on the left turbo and the stock intercooler may interfere with the clutch master cyl. on the left side hope that is helpful

GB3
12-21-2008, 08:36 PM
I put a ej208 bh5 twin turbo into my left hand drive legacy wagon and have been driving it for about 6 months now. What a blast. I can assist with some tips if you are still
considering this. A rhd car is not needed if you are willing to do a little fabrication.