PDA

View Full Version : Highbeam blues :( Please Help!

T_F_E
12-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Alright so I am wiring a pair of driving lights so they come on and off with the highbeams, I also have a switch to turn them off when I don't need them. I really need some help here, I went under the steering wheel with test light in hand and almost had a heart attack when I saw all the wires, so I am begging for help, someone point me in the right direction for finding the highbeam line that goes out of the switch on the multi-function lever. I have done driving lights before but that was on a 76 ford 3/4 ton :neutral:

impreza_GC8
12-28-2008, 04:22 PM
I'd like to know as well. I tried tapping each of the three wires that goes to the headlight socket and none of them turned on my relay with high beams. I have the wiring diagrams for Legacy on my comp but I've been too lazy to check the wires. If someone happens to know off the top of their head I'd appreciate it.

decke48
12-28-2008, 07:45 PM
ill take a look i have my driving lights hooked up a wire that is only on when the high beams are on. do it later this evening with pic and wire color. it will be with a 98 gt wiring harness

T_F_E
12-28-2008, 07:48 PM
ill take a look i have my driving lights hooked up a wire that is only on when the high beams are on. do it later this evening with pic and wire color. it will be with a 98 gt wiring harness

That is exactly what we are looking for! Thank you so much man, I think they should be pretty similar. I've done some research and it seems like it should be a yellow and green wire?? maybe I'm not sure.

decke48
12-28-2008, 08:17 PM
this is the wire my driving lights are hooked up to. its red w/ black strip on both sides umm its maybe 18 guage its connects in a white connector with 8 pins right below an airbag wire (yellow stuff)
couple shots
its the red wire that has a red splice to a white wire
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/12/S1050543-1.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/12/S1050544-1.jpg

T_F_E
12-28-2008, 08:53 PM
You are my freaking hero I found it!! pictures to come soon

decke48
12-28-2008, 11:09 PM
:lol: when i installed my driving light is just probed wires till i found the right one. now everyone lifes a little easier

T_F_E
12-29-2008, 12:02 AM
yeah mine was a red wire with a black stripe along the whole wire, I think the 8 port connector is the main thing here. I'm sure I could have found it after enough probing but I had heard main horror stories about air bags and stuff, so thanks again