PDA

View Full Version : Power mirrors and S/R no work;( and it's leaking

beemerben
11-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Hey guys my '92 Legacy turbo with automatic that I just purchased has a couple of issues with the power mirrors and Sunroof. They don't work! I have read that the drain plugs may be blocked but I can't access the drains cause the roof doesn't go back. Is there a place online where I can get info about which fuses and relays might be the culprit? I don't have an owners manual yet so any and all help will be great. thanks, ben

P.S. Did I happen to mention that it's been raining here in Oregon for the last two days straight!

Wiscon_Mark
11-06-2005, 03:31 PM
what about your cigarette lighter/power outlet? I know that shares a fuse with the mirrors, and (I don't have a sunroof) maybe the sunroof. That fuse is located on the inside of the car, underneath the steering column, next to the pedals on 2nd generation legacys (might be slightly different for your 1st gen).

Just a suggestion. Fuses are easy to replace :)

badbasser98
11-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Definetly try to get a manual for your car, or a repair manual. These should help you to find what fuses, relays, harnesses to be checking.

-BB98

beemerben
11-06-2005, 07:44 PM
The bad news is the S/R is still DOA. I changed out the control and still no work. I do get a clicking sound when I push the button to close it though. It sounds like it's coming from the area where you put in the allen wrench to close it by hand. Maybe my problem is dirty contacts;) I don't really know for sure but I think I will use the allen wrench just so I can open it and can check out the drains to see if I can stop the leaks in the car. So far I have read about the seal or gasket being bad, the drains being plugged, and the motor needing to be replaced. I can't believe that Subaru builds such a nice car and drops the ball on something as visible as a sunroof. Oh well at least my worries about my outside mirrors are checked off. Two down and many to go. What does the clicking sound like to you guys and gals??? thanks, ben

Wiscon_Mark
11-06-2005, 07:56 PM
so it was a fuse for the mirrors?

I don't know about the sunroof....maybe the motor has stripped gears?

beemerben
11-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Yes it was only a blown fuse. Changed it out and now the mirrors and cig lighter both work. Now I just have to deal with the leak and non working motor on the sunroof. As my name implies I came over from the bmw crowd and I thought it was a family. I can see that I'm going to like it over here too! Thanks to everybody for all the advice and just being willing to chime in with stuff you already know and I needed to learn. What in the world is meant when I see people talking about grounding there car? I lied there was one more dumb question afterall. thanks, ben

Wiscon_Mark
11-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Grounding kits are to improve the existing grounding connections on the vehicle. This can improve elctricity flow, and make the car more efficient.

It tends to benefit headlight intensity and consistency, less A/C lag, engine idle, starting, and maybe mileage and performance a little bit...

RABID_SUB
11-07-2005, 05:58 PM
clicking sound means the roof is binding up. DO NOT TRY TO OPEN IT. I've been dealing with this since wednesday. take down your headliner if you want to check the drains. its the proper way to do this, you will see hoses that connect to the sunroof with clamps the hoses then run into the A & C pillars. no reason to open the roof, cant get to the drains anyway.