PDA

View Full Version : Oh noes!

Plays_with_Toys
01-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Playing COD4 today when the screen goes blue with a bunch of vertical lines... Got a single red light. Code E74...

:-( :-( :-( :-(

Now should I just go and buy one from walmart then return the broken, or should I do the xbox tech support.

Huffer
01-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I would go legit tech support... warranty has been extended to 3 years now... IIRC.

I suppose you could buy a new one and put the old one in the box and "return" it, but that's morally appalling, not to mention I'm pretty sure the serial numbers on the xbox console are actually visible through the package (there's a cutout in the box).

Plays_with_Toys
01-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Yeah- I've been doing a bunch of reading online and the three year warranty is what's been coming back, but half the stories of people reporting said theirs has been taken care of free, the other half they were told to pay and they went another route.

01-18-2009, 01:07 AM
one light means that something with your a/v is screwy... (obviously)

but if you cant send it back or dont want to gut swap a new one from wal mart.. try getting a new a/v cord... that should help

decke48
01-18-2009, 02:03 AM
my xbox (whatever gen they first came with hdmi) a/v cable went bad. got the 1 red ring. contacted the support and they sent me an a/v cable out for free

Plays_with_Toys
01-18-2009, 04:18 AM
Definitely not that. My room mates cable doesn't work either.

Wiscon_Mark
01-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Yes, serial numbers are readable, and they are required to be scanned when purchasing and returning. (I'm the electronics/entertainment manager at Target)

As far as Wal*Mart and returning goes, it's probably the easiest place to scam on returns, but I don't know that there's any loophole here, it's probably in their scanning system too.

You could try to switch serial plates :twisted:

01-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Yes, serial numbers are readable, and they are required to be scanned when purchasing and returning. (I'm the electronics/entertainment manager at Target)

As far as Wal*Mart and returning goes, it's probably the easiest place to scam on returns, but I don't know that there's any loophole here, it's probably in their scanning system too.

You could try to switch serial plates :twisted:

wait, what do you mean...?

PWT just gut swap your xbox at walmart, thats what a lot of ppl who get banned from xbox live do too... just take the cover off of the two and switch the insides of the broken one and put your cover back on the new one...

Plays_with_Toys
01-25-2009, 12:20 AM
it's all gravy. It's getting fixed under warranty.