PDA

View Full Version : BE/BH JDM HID advice

sansMYSTi
02-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I have lined up a set of OEM JDM HID headlights for my BH and am looking for some advice/tips on the install. I understand that the DRL needs to be disabled, and I have found a wiring diagram that another member has posted for the install, but can you use the stock wiring harness on both ends (at the headlight and at the car side) and just re-wire as per the diagram?

I had to re-wire the headlight harness when I installed my non-HID JDM rev A's earlier this year, and had no problems, so I am hoping that the re-wiring of these will be a similar task as the HID's.

Also, are there any suggestions RE adjustments of the drivers-side headlight so as not to blind oncoming traffic due to the headlights being set up for RHD.

I did some searching on the site, but I seemed to come across more HID retrofits than I did the OEM JDM HID's - by that I am hoping that the install is fairly easy :smt002 .

Any suggestions/tips for install of the JDM HID's?

legacyB4RSK
02-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Yes, as per my diagram, of course this only represents one side, the other will have different color codes at the harness. I used wire connectors to plug the wires from the stock plug into the grey JDM socket.

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/08/Wiring-1.jpg

If you get a hold of a STI leveler you can lower your driver's side beam enough to not blind anyone. I know this since I have a brand new set of REV A HIDs and I guess the factory setting is to aim low, therefore I do not blind anyone. ANDIVIC is supposed to make me one.

Cheers

sansMYSTi
02-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Yup, that's the diagram I found. My wife just severely injured herself, so any purchases are now on hold, but I may still get the lights down the road. In the mean time, I will look into the leveler. Thanks.