PDA

View Full Version : Outback suspension on a BE?

Sarra
11-12-2005, 01:10 AM
I've been wanting to rally my Legacy, but the stock suspension isn't exactly designed for off road use. I almost had a little problem with a small rock taking my rear diff out...

So, is it possible to swap an outback sedan suspension into a Legacy, or should I look into a lift kit (like the Scorpion)? I'm trying ot keep costs down, but I don't want to cut corners either.

shazapple
11-12-2005, 11:05 AM
you should be able to do it. Ive seen BD/BG legacys with it done. Im not sure about the finer points of it, but I imagine youd need Outback springs shocks and a good camber and alignment change

Sarra
11-13-2005, 04:53 AM
Okay, the alignment should be the easy part then. :p

Now just to find someone willing to part with theirs...

scottzg
11-14-2005, 01:25 AM
you will probably need rear alignment bolts. The chassis is lifted off the subframes too, iirc, and the rear lateral links are different, or something. Prolly wont make too big a deal, but there's a lot of little changes between the outback and the other models.

Sarra
11-14-2005, 05:43 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about that. I might see about finding a donor car, and just pull the entire rear suspension. Since I'm also buying an RX-7, I'm going to need a car trailer, so once I do the swap and stuff, I can take the car to a place and get an alignment done.

pdawg
11-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Why don't you just find and old imprezza or something to beat up off road.

Sarra
11-15-2005, 01:57 AM
Because I hate the Impreza. >_< I'd rather rally a car I've loved and owned for a while than a beater... Although, I'm going to be buying an RX-7 and hopefully rally that car instead.