PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light ???

fsuskppy
11-13-2005, 09:49 AM
I was driving from Baltimore last night and at 22000 miles exactly my CEL came on. I have no clue why. I inspected everything I could didnt see anything out of the ordinary. The only thing not stock in the K&N box air filter. Is there some way to turn it off or should I take the time to let Subaru take a look at it?

Wiscon_Mark
11-13-2005, 09:52 AM
nah, get your codes read by Advance Auto/Autozone and see what it says. It could be the K&N, if you MAF sensor is being THAT touchy, and you'd just need an ECU reset.

If its something else, the code should tell you what it is, and you can troubleshoot before you have to touch the dealer.

gil_ong81
11-13-2005, 11:14 AM
i concur with what mark said. get the code pulled for free at autozone (write it down, post it and keep the code). reset ECU, try to recreate the conditions under which it first came one, and see if it comes up again.

to reset teh ecu, disconnect the negative terminal at our battery, and wait 30 minutes (or hold brake pedal down for 60 secs, just to be safe) reconnect battery and you should be good to go.