PDA

View Full Version : Speakers stopped working

BlackBK
02-15-2009, 03:58 PM
So last week I installed a new head unitin my 98 BK, everything was working fine. Yesterday I was installing new speakers in the front doors, I finsihed the install and they worked just fine. Later that night I got into my car and no sound what so ever. Today I plugged the OEM radio back in and no sound! I dont know if something happened with the wiring or if there is some fuse inline with the speaker wires ?? Any ideas??

the head unit is a alpine cda 9856

the speakers are infinity reference 6022SI

)2edline
02-15-2009, 05:32 PM
When you installed the door speakers, exposed wires may be grounding against some of the door metal and causing no sound.

just a thought!

it happened to me when i installed my rear deck speakers, the bar when the trunk closed squished against one of the terminals and grounded out the signal

GTDrifter
02-15-2009, 06:19 PM
i know when i put my speakers in i just unplugged the stock ones and plugged in the new ones...no exposed wires...picture of how you installed?

BlackBK
02-15-2009, 08:58 PM
I installed them with the stock wires in the stock mounting brackets, no exposed wires. The speakers worked fine after I installed them. When I turn the head unit on I cam hear this faint noise but that is all.

Anbody else have any ideas?

GTDrifter
02-15-2009, 11:34 PM
how did you hook up the headunit?
did you cut the harness off and wire it that way or buy a harness for a subaru, wired the harness to the headunit and plugged it in?
if you cut off the harness you most likely connected two bad wires and blew it all out...happened to my brother

BlackBK
02-16-2009, 06:20 PM
I figured it out! One of the speakers came unsodered, just one of the terminals came loose. The speakers are working now. Thanks for the ideas. I installed the head unit with a subaru harness, wish I had done this to my last car.