PDA

View Full Version : power door locks

RABID_SUB
11-15-2005, 02:29 PM
this is one of these things I just cant figure out.
my door locks unlock when I unlock the drivers door...sometimes.
they always lock corectly. I was told that there are no acctuators in
my drivers door. How do these work? Has anyone else had problems
with them? Whats wrong with mine?

help is much appreciated

JPaul99GT
11-15-2005, 05:20 PM
uhmm.... mine dont unlock with the drivers door... you have to hit the door unlock button... hmm?

~JPaul

RABID_SUB
11-15-2005, 05:25 PM
no door lock button. you unlock it with the key from the out side or the well I guess its a button, but not like the ones on most cars. It's the normal lock.

shazapple
11-15-2005, 06:24 PM
So if you unlock it from the outside by turning the key, it will sometimes unlock all the doors? same deal if you use the lock in the inside?

Sounds like you have an aftermarket system installed. Maybe theres a loose wire somewhere inside your drivers door or close to the brain of the system.

RABID_SUB
11-15-2005, 06:30 PM
No it's factory. my car is a 96 LS.
I am the second owner and I still
have the window sticker. It says
power locks.

maybe your guys cars are to new.

95legacy
11-15-2005, 06:58 PM
I know exactly what you're talkin about and it is PITA, I don't exactly understand the exact workings of it but in my opinion it is extremely stupid. I have wanted to get a keyless entry for my car from Subaru but due to this whole system the kits Subaru has will not work. Been thinking about trying to figure out a swap.
Peace,
Kyle

RABID_SUB
11-15-2005, 07:11 PM
someone told me that there are acctuators n all the doors
except the drivers if you want keyless you have to put one
in the drivers door. but why don't they always work? How do
they work?

95legacy
11-15-2005, 07:19 PM
I dont know been thinking about taking the doors apart one day to see whats up, they seem to be very irregular, it seems almost as if theyre all like mechanical and not like electronically triggered. I dont know weird?
Peace,
Kyle

95legacyl
11-15-2005, 08:09 PM
yeah the factor setup is really strange, it is electrical somehow since theres a fuse but i would really like to take mine or mabey a parts subaru apart because with the fuse out it will lock it with the key but not from inside. if some one has taken theres apart or knows how these locks work i would love to know how

Wiscon_Mark
11-15-2005, 09:46 PM
there's a thread in here somewhere about the keyless idea (originally started by me). I have taken the doors apart, and I can tell you that there is plenty of space for extra mechanry (yes, mechanry) :)

Least
12-06-2005, 12:05 AM
i have the same problem with my 95. Sometimes the other doors unlock, sometimes not, and i can't seem to figure out the difference between the two.

RABID_SUB
12-07-2005, 06:50 PM
For the last week its been cold as hell, and my locks have been working perfectly. seems like the temp has something to do with it.

95LegacySTI
12-07-2005, 08:00 PM
My 94 legacy did that, you probably have a worn wire somewhere, do all the doors stay locked or do some unlock? With mine the rear driver side door wouldn't always unlock, I took the door panels off and had a broken wire, electrical tape fixed the problem

RABID_SUB
12-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Its all or nothin with mine