PDA

View Full Version : beware night!

shazapple
11-16-2005, 04:00 PM
I have a new aly in my fight against darkness

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8735/fogs3gb.jpg
Cant wait to get them mounted, somehow :shock: Theyre quite large, about a foot long!

RABID_SUB
11-16-2005, 04:02 PM
a red x. nice.

Plays_with_Toys
11-16-2005, 05:36 PM
Sweet. I am not up on my foglights. Are those the JDM style?

gil_ong81
11-16-2005, 06:00 PM
nice, zapple.

what do the two different lights do?

shazapple
11-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Projector JDM mad tyte yo.

Im not sure how I should hook them up. Projectors on a parking light relay, and turn lights on low beam relay?

shazapple
11-16-2005, 06:02 PM
The round ones are the projectors, and the square ones are supposed to be hooked up so when you turn on the appropriate turn signal they light to the side of you (i think)

voorhees
11-16-2005, 06:10 PM
yup pain in de arse to mount to factory beam, cutting of bumper is required

badbasser98
11-16-2005, 08:43 PM
The round ones are the projectors, and the square ones are supposed to be hooked up so when you turn on the appropriate turn signal they light to the side of you (i think)

This is correct :-D

scottzg
11-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Hate bein a pessimist, but i suspect those will provide less usable light than your current headlights. Our RHD headlights light this space: ___/ whereas the LHD lights do this: \____ . Instead of illuminating the side of the road, they project into the eyes of oncomming traffic. Think about it.

Wiscon_Mark
11-17-2005, 08:21 PM
yeah, scottzg is right, but is there a way to reaim them?

voorhees
11-17-2005, 10:21 PM
is he even talking about the fogs??? i have both fogs and headlights....I get flashed a lot. I believe it is due to the accesory lamp being lit as my parking light(would be corner/blinker if I wired it correctly) oh well..some oncoming traffics sees both the projector and accesory and think I have my highs on. If I get a chance I really show them what highs are----ouch I'm blind!!

Plays_with_Toys
11-17-2005, 10:57 PM
If people are flashing you, you should check your aim. Checking the aim on your headlights is super easy. There are two levels on your headlights, one for left adn right, and one for up and down. If the bubble isn't lined up correctly, then re-aim. Just make sure someone is sitting in the driver's seat while you adjust.

Wiscon_Mark
11-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Just make sure someone is sitting in the driver's seat while you adjust.

Or put 150-200lbs worth of weight into the front seat ;)

Scotty- Your LHD/RHD stuff is backwards, but I know what you mean ;)

gil_ong81
11-18-2005, 10:01 AM
If people are flashing you, you should check your aim. Checking the aim on your headlights is super easy. There are two levels on your headlights, one for left adn right, and one for up and down. If the bubble isn't lined up correctly, then re-aim. Just make sure someone is sitting in the driver's seat while you adjust.

just going by the levels may not be good enough.

you really want to see the light pattern and how high they reach to get a good "aim". this might be especially pertinent for people who have done suspension mods.

shazapple
11-18-2005, 10:51 AM
A) my headlights suck
B) my crappy 40$ foglights suck

I have no worries about these providing more light. Im thinking of wiring the turn lights into the high beams, just so I dont blind people all the time. Maybe Ill hook a swtich to those as well...

badbasser98
11-18-2005, 07:39 PM
the projector fogs shine in a low, level pattern, will not blind oncoming traffic (unless intentionally aimed high)... I had JDM projectors on my BD and they were no different than the USDM ones as far as the projection goes. Actually saw more of the road in both directions due to the projection pattern of the light.

-BB98

shazapple
11-21-2005, 12:47 AM
I tested them out today with a 12V drill battery, wow bright!

I figured out a way to hook them up electrically. Keep my current switch for on/off. then have a 3 pole switch which will have projectors, side, and both wired into it. Basically I just need a bit of wire and two more relays.

I figure Ill always have the projectors on like my current setup, but if I want extra light i can flip on the sides

Legacy4Life
11-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Was off hunting for the week and now I'm catching up on the threads!

The projector lights are fogs, not driving. They cast a nice glow in front. Quite a narrow wide beam. The sides are useless for regular driving. They are sweet though when making 90 degree turns because they throw light our on the sides of the car. Virtually nothing in front.

The sides also use a 35 Watt bulb that looks like an 1156. Haven't been able to find any yet. I'm hoping the ones that came with the lamps don't burn out any time soon!

I wired my sides ones in on a second fog lamp switch. In fact, I have an extra fog switch Lee if you're interested.

M.

losdiosdeverde86
03-14-2006, 11:31 PM
where the hell do those go

losdiosdeverde86
03-14-2006, 11:32 PM
where the hell do those go

oh, nevermind. i see in the avatar above me.

Wiscon_Mark
03-14-2006, 11:33 PM
smoooth, steve :lol: ;)