View Full Version : Official: April 18-19, 2009: SLi WV Cookout/Camping Trip

Perdue
03-22-2009, 01:15 PM
What: 1st Annual SLiWV Cookout/Camping Trip
Who: All SLi members in good standing living in WV and the surrounding areas
When: Saturday, April 18, 2009 to Sunday, April 19, 2009
Where: Lake Tygart State Park, Grafton, WV
Why: It's like summer camp, but more awesome...and in the spring :grin:

Alright. I need to know who is coming to our meet, how many people you are bringing, and what you can bring with you food/drink-wise. If you can't afford to bring a whole lot, let me know and we will try to work something out. I know times are hard, but I want everyone to be able to come out and have a good time. I also have a charcoal grille listed below. We have two shelters on site, but looking at the map, they are a good ways away from where we'll be camping. I'm also going to try and find two large coolers to keep stuff in until we actually cook.

So far, I plan to arrive at the campground early Saturday morning to setup camp and hopefully pay for however many sites we need so we can all be together. From there I can setup my tent and start getting things setup for the evening's cookout. I'd like to have everyone there by about 17:00 or 18:00 Saturday.

If you want a tent site, let me know. As of now, DNR does not allow you to reserve tent sites in advance, hence my reasoning to get there kinda early. I don't know how much of a crowd there will be, but I wanna beat'em. As of now, I'll probably have everyone who wants me to get them a site paypal me the $18 for site rental. There are also cabins available, as well as a lodge on site, but those are up to you. The lodge runs $60-80/night and the cabins run from $194-248/night. If we have too many people (not planning on it, but we'll see), I'm not sure how we are going to go with the tent sites. I will go buy a bigger 6-man tent if I have to...no orgies in my tent. :lol:

Saturday night, I plan to be drinking, and I know a few of you do as well. We must keep in mind that there will be others around us trying to enjoy the park as well, so don't get loud or obnoxious. I'm not looking to be kicked out of a friggin state park. Be mature about it people.

I was kinda thinking about just doing a group breakfast at the lodge sunday morning. They have a full breakfast menu plus buffet there...that sounds a lot easier than cooking for everyone while we're all hungover.

Further, there is a centrally located bathhouse on site with showers, toilets, and so forth. We aren't actually roughing it. There's also a service thingy there that sells snacks and amenities.

If you decide to show up early, there are plenty of trails to hike and plenty of lake to fish, whichever floats your boat. The only thing I ask is that everyone involved be responsible, respectful, and that we leave the park as clean as it was when we got there.

Click HERE (http://www.tygartlake.com/index.htm) for more information on Tygart Lake State Park.

Supplies Needed - Responsible
Hamburger - Grafton
Hot dogs - Perdue
Hamburger/Hotdog Buns - Perdue
Chips - jjs316
Soda - outbacktweaked95
Bottled Water - Perdue
Ice - outbacktweaked95
Charcoal Grill (decent size please lol)
Charcoal
Desserts
Condiments
Paper Plates - jjs316
Paper Towels
Trash bags - outbacktweaked95
Hand Sanitizer (something...we'll be a little ways away from the bath house)

Directions From Charleston:
Take I-79 North toward Clarksburg
Take Exit 119 (Clarksburg/Bridgeport)
Turn Right on US-50
In 12.7 miles, Bear/Turn Right onto US-250
In 2.3 miles, Turn Left onto US-119
In 2.4 miles, Turn Right onto Beech Street (across the railroad tracks)
Take the Third Left (the map still shows it as Beech) and cross the bridge
Turn Right onto Grand Street
Bear Right onto High Street
High Street turns into Park Road...follow this to the park.
The camp sites are all the way at the end, so follow the signs.

Directions From Morgantown:
Take I-79 South
Take I-68 East
Take Exit 1 (Univerity Ave/Downtown)
Turn Right onto Grafton Road/US-119 South
Continue into Grafton (approx 15-20 miles)
At the intersecton of Beech and 119/Webster Road, Continue Straight across the tracks
Take the Third Left (the map still shows it as Beech) and cross the bridge
Turn Right onto Grand Street
Bear Right onto High Street
High Street turns into Park Road...follow this to the park.
The camp sites are all the way at the end, so follow the signs.

I look forward to seeing everyone there. Please RSVP so I can get on everything early.

Attending
Perdue + maybe 1
Jeremy + 1
Liz
Jimmy
Grafton + 1
Azn + 1
Outback + 2
Jason + ??

jjs316
03-24-2009, 02:04 PM
I believe the old lady and I are in. Im job hunting at the moment, so if something would happen to come and I would have to work then so be it i guess.

We can bring chips, plates, and/or whatever someone else doesnt want to bring.

Still thinking about our lodging, so I'll get back to you on the campsite thing John.

Is there a breakfast bar in april? when you look at their 'Menu' on their site it says: "Breakfast Buffet (Saturday & Sunday from Memorial Day to Labor Day)"

Have you already reserved a pavillion? From what I see, Id say Pavillion #2 would be suitable for us and it includes 1 grill but no electric.

Huffer
03-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Sorry guys, I'm moving house that weekend probably - finally getting my own driveway (but alas, no garage).

You'll all have fun regardless, make sure you take lots of pics and enjoy the roads!

Perdue
03-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Jeremy, I'll go ahead and put you down for some chips and plates. The rest of teh stuff is pretty little.

If you all would rather just rent a pavillion, that's fine with me. I just wanna get a head count so I know how many people will be there so I can try and knock out all the different reservations at once. $37 for the rental isn't too bad, but I wanna get on it soon so I'm sure we can get it that day. That would also take care of the grill problem, and as far as I care, we don't need electricity. I'd like to be back at the camp drinking by the time it gets dark :lol:

And damn it Roger! I was looking forward to actually meeting you for once haha I can understand your reasoning though...finally a decent place to work on the subie. We'll have to catch you next time, I guess. :smt006

Edit: And you're right Jeremy...It looks like the buffet is only open during the summer...When I call for our reservations I'll make sure we can still at least order breakfast there Sunday morning.

jjs316
03-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Didnt grafton say he could possibly get a discount on a pavillion? or was that at another place? I dont remember.

Ill probably be in for a campsite, but ill let you know for sure when the date gets closer since you cant reserve them. I was going to try and get a cabin for friday and saturday, but apparently they are all booked up for friday. So We will probably just camp since its just one night.

If everyone wants/can pitch in for a pavillion we can go that route. or if someone has a grill they want to bring, then we dont really need one i dont guess. I just figured that would solve our girll problem and if there happens to be any weather, keep us out of the rain for a little while.

P.S. Yuengling is going to start being sold in WV. Whoop Whoop

aznguy0087
03-24-2009, 05:54 PM
dam im so down for this shit, but its so FAR away from me! its like 3 some hours away!!! :smt022

jjs316
03-24-2009, 07:09 PM
dam im so down for this shit, but its so FAR away from me! its like 3 some hours away!!! :smt022

now, dont be a sissy. i drive to DC almost every other weekend and thats where my old lady is coming from to join the festivities. dont get beat out by a girl :wink:

Perdue
03-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Didnt grafton say he could possibly get a discount on a pavillion? or was that at another place? I dont remember.

Ill probably be in for a campsite, but ill let you know for sure when the date gets closer since you cant reserve them. I was going to try and get a cabin for friday and saturday, but apparently they are all booked up for friday. So We will probably just camp since its just one night.

If everyone wants/can pitch in for a pavillion we can go that route. or if someone has a grill they want to bring, then we dont really need one i dont guess. I just figured that would solve our girll problem and if there happens to be any weather, keep us out of the rain for a little while.

P.S. Yuengling is going to start being sold in WV. Whoop Whoop

Yeah, he said he could, but I've yet to talk to him about it. It'd be awesome if he knew'em well enough to let us reserve some tent sites, or even just an area. I just have a two person tent, so you could fit a couple of mine on a site lol

And Yuengling?? WHEN?!? I'll be drinking that rather than jager if it's gonna be for sale by then.

Azn, this is almost a 2.5hr trip for me. C'mon down. Gas is your biggest expense as long as you already have a tent. You're more than welcome...the overnight thing was more or less so you out of towners could come in (and so we could all get drunk).

jjs316
03-24-2009, 08:13 PM
http://wvgazette.com/News/200903230678 yuengling in WV!!!!

Perdue
03-28-2009, 08:15 PM
I talked to Jimmy and Liz and they're both coming. I also talked to Grafton and he's good for the burger and is probably getting us the pavillion for free. He has inside connections with the staff and also advises that there probably won't be a big demand for campsites either, so we should be ok. My boy...really isn't my boy it doesn't look like, so fuck him. Looks like there's 6 of us so far. Better than we did for the Quaker Steak Meet lol I'm gonna try'n get ahold of J-Rock tonight.

aznguy0087
03-28-2009, 11:14 PM
aight im down for this! would it be cool if some of my buddy come? well bring stuff :smt023

jjs316
03-28-2009, 11:25 PM
sweet, glad everyone is turning up.

Perdue
03-28-2009, 11:31 PM
aight im down for this! would it be cool if some of my buddy come? well bring stuff :smt023

Because of logistics and the fact that I'm flipping the bill for most of this, I'm wanting to keep it to SLi members and their spouses or whatever. I'm not trying to be an ass...sorry.

Grafton
03-29-2009, 08:55 PM
I'll have final word on the pavilon tomorrow

outbacktweaked95
03-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Ill be comming for the day probally and maybe a buddy of mine (if hes invited, he drives a subie impreza though) with my gf for the day. I doubt ill be camping over the night though also if u need anything pm me and ill bring it, all besides a grill dont have one of those.

decke48
03-29-2009, 11:20 PM
ahh only if i was a little sooner i would come down, i have vacation for the next 3 weeks. have to go back the 20th. 10hr drive on sunday and work monday wont be good for me. hmm maybe i call out sick monday :lol: , hmm will see

Perdue
03-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Outback, I don't want to say he's not invited, especially with him being a local subie owner. Logistically, we can only take on so many people. If he's cool and won't be any trouble, and you vouch for him, bring him. Just pic out a couple things on the list you would like to bring. There's not a lot of expensive stuff, as Grafton and I pretty much have that covered. You and your buddy bring what you can.

To everyone else, as the original post says, this is open to SLi members in good standing. I'm not looking for a bunch of outsiders piggybacking onto our meet. Grafton, JJ and I are taking the brunt of the expenses here. If Grafton can get us the pavillion, that will cure our grill problem and all we will need is charcoal. We still have a situation with logistics. The more people come, the more burgers, dogs, buns and such that we need to purchase. I'm really not trying to be a dick, but this is an SLi meet. This is not NASIOC. The next meet we do we can find a restaurant or something and bring whoever.

And as for you, sam, get your ass down here. Wuss. :lol:

xXGTBspecXx
03-30-2009, 10:53 AM
dude its not bad at 80mph the whole way it takes about 3hours 30min.. liz and i go back to glen burnie everyother weekend.just set aside $40-60 bucks for gas. there and back.

xXGTBspecXx
03-30-2009, 10:56 AM
put me down for the grill il bring mine. its a good size. il clean it up when we go back to my parents house. i might be able to swing some extra $ for charcoal too but no promises.

aznguy0087
03-30-2009, 11:09 AM
dude its not bad at 80mph the whole way it takes about 3hours 30min.. liz and i go back to glen burnie everyother weekend.just set aside $40-60 bucks for gas. there and back.

ive done it before and ill do it again, had to go pick up coilovers for my car from DOOK, like 2 mounths back, it so long and drawen out, up and down,

PREDUE well can i at least bring 1 of my buddys, my girls in the philippines, so i dont have to g/f at the moment. so it would be like a bro date. lol, we will bring stuff!!!

Perdue
03-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Jimmy, I think Grafton is getting us the pavillion and it has a grill there, but keep yours on standby just in case. And like I said the other day, I understand the money situation. You're a local now, and we'll take care of you.

Azn, I can kinda see where it would suck to drive all that way and hang out with a bunch of strangers alone. Bring a friend as long as he's not going to be a bunch of trouble. Bring your tent, and lemme know what all you wanna bring off the list.

J-Rock!
03-30-2009, 12:06 PM
woohoo I found it lol... ahhh I will be rolling with my 15's haha,, still no tires for my 17's,, Hey Jeremy, like the wheels :smt006

jjs316
03-30-2009, 12:18 PM
woohoo I found it lol... ahhh I will be rolling with my 15's haha,, still no tires for my 17's,, Hey Jeremy, like the wheels :smt006

Lol, I knew you would like them. im just running the stock RE 92s :smt021 at the moment, but they have plenty of tread left so they will do till i can get some new ones.

Looks like it might turn out to be quite the meet. more then what i expected and a step up from our quaker steak meet. Just dont let me lead the convoy :wink:

J-Rock!
03-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Just dont let me lead the convoy :wink:

haha right, I rmemeber that

outbacktweaked95
03-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Alright thanks also ill bring trash bags Soda Ice and paper towels. Question is how many of each to bring or just guesstimate? Also Grafton i have some Hamburgers(the frozen ones from walmart) that i can bring i was planning a party a while ago but everyone backed out and i cant eat 15 or so hamburgers ill bring them if u want me to.

Perdue
03-31-2009, 03:11 PM
Outback, I plan on bringing 2-3 of the big ass coolers with me. One i'll fill with ice before I leave Charleston, and the others will probably wait until I get up there. I'd say 4 big bags would be plenty? A small box trashbags and 2-3 cases of pop should be good. I dunno how many people drink diet aside from me, but I'll probably be drinking beer anyways. lol I'm also bringing a couple cases of bottled water, so maybe you can just do one or two cases of pop.

Grafton
04-02-2009, 07:06 AM
oh btw i am in for 2 SPT Frisbees just in case :D

jjs316
04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Word on the pavilion yet?

Yikes, im awful at frisbee. ill be wrecking into everything.

Perdue
04-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Guys, I'm so sorry, but it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make this meet at all due to some unforseen personal and financial issues. Can anyone maybe pick this up?

xXGTBspecXx
04-04-2009, 12:17 PM
dude... that sucks ass.

Grafton
04-05-2009, 12:43 AM
let me see what i can do...
hope your personal issues clear up

Perdue
04-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks, buddy, but I'm not sure where I'm going and what I'm doing right now. I may be going back out on my own, but who knows.

If anyone can get the buns and hotdogs and all that, you all could still do the meet. I don't want everyone to miss out on the fun because I got sidetracked.

jjs316
04-06-2009, 08:48 AM
we can always postpone or cancel it if we have to? turns out I might not be camping now cause I think the old lady maybe have to work now.

xXGTBspecXx
04-06-2009, 09:26 AM
il see what i can do.. i may be able to pull sumthing out of my ass and pull it off like i usually do. hope you make a swift recovery..

jjs316
04-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Or we can just turn this into a 'go out to eat' thing if the cookout/camping thing goes to shit.

xXGTBspecXx
04-06-2009, 10:12 AM
might be cool to.. but where to go??

jjs316
04-06-2009, 03:52 PM
might be cool to.. but where to go??

motown or clarksburg are the places with the good places to eat.

jjs316
04-12-2009, 10:27 PM
So what has come of this?

We having it or no?

Still wanting to do the cookout/camping thing? or just want to meet up and eat some where? Like i said, I dunno if ill be camping now, but ill for sure go to whatever everyone decides they want to do.

If we are doing the cookout/camp thing, I think we need to get a list of who is for sure coming for the people that are bring stuff so they know how much of whatever to bring.

outbacktweaked95
04-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Hey im sry to say but i cant make the meet if we eat up here in motown then ill deff be in but i got word from my boss that he wants me to be at work this weekend cause we are behind on production of metal beams and i have a engineering project thats due tues and still isnt close to being finished. Also the guy that was supposed to come with me twisted his knee cap around the other day threading rods and can barely walk so he cant come either. I would like to meet up and eat though that would be fun to have like a picnic or something if the weathers nice.

Grafton
04-14-2009, 05:03 PM
well i've gotten word (finally) the pavilion is good to go

jjs316
04-14-2009, 05:35 PM
well i've gotten word (finally) the pavilion is good to go

well from the looks of it, I dont think it will be able to turn out....unless people just havent been checking the thread.

Grafton
04-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Ok then so the spring meet is canceled :(

jjs316
04-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Ok then so the spring meet is canceled :(

probably the best idea.

Maybe in a month or two we can do something like this...?

xXGTBspecXx
04-18-2009, 12:15 AM
im in MD till monday sorry.. maybe we can have a meet once i get my wagon runnning and up there. lol i can see it now. 5-6 legacy's in a line with a crowd around the silver wagon.... hehehe... :roll: if i have the time shes gunne be a beast by the end of this weekend.

Brockley
05-20-2009, 07:02 PM
I would be down to come if its held close to VA... near 460 maybe? lol