PDA

View Full Version : 06 Legacy 2.5GT Spec B 322/500 Test Drive

subyluvr2212
11-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Wow. I am in love.

I got the chance to drive a Spec B today (number 322 of 500), and I drove it right too. Nabisco had another Orlando meet today, and one of the local dealers sent a guy out in one. I honestly don't think he was supposed to let others drive it, but I know the guy, so it's all good :D

The car handles amazing. Wow. Those Bilsteins don't play. I've seen many new GT's have some pretty nasty body roll, but this one doesn't have near as much of it. It's a very neutral-handling car, it doesn't want to understeer as bad as other Soobs I've driven. The Potenza RE050's hold on tight too.

The seats are über-nice. Many aren't digging the red color, but I like it, and they feel really nice and they hold you well.

Can't forget the oh-so-yummy 250-hp boosted goodness either :-D

I'm not sure a set of Bilsteins and fancy seats make the car worth 10 grand over the regular 2.5GT, but I still love the car, just as I do all other BL/BP Legacies I've driven.

Wiscon_Mark
11-19-2005, 11:27 PM
This goes against what many others have said. I heard from other test drive articles that the Bilsteins weren't all that impressive, but then again, they weren't Legacy owners either ;)

10k more? Probably not worth it, but its a cool little thing that subaru is doing. I'm glad they're paying some attention to the Legacy line :D

Huffer
11-20-2005, 11:36 PM
It's not true B-Spec though. It's a watered down "cosmetic only" USDM BSpec.

A true Bspec tune is a balls to the wall + luxury interior and exclusive aeroparts.

Subaru America are cutting corners again, and on a limited edition, which is even more stupid.