PDA

View Full Version : BF interior in BD?

EXP1787
11-21-2005, 02:22 PM
A good friend and I went to a few junkyards Saturday morning looking at Legacys and Miatas for me, and old Corollas for him. We found a BF Legacy wagon with all tan leather interior that was very dirty, but very in tact. The seats in the '95 wagon that I just bought are stained and have some burn holes from previous owners with bad habits. Would it take any modification to swap the BF seats into my BD? If so, how much? Has anyone else undertaken this project?

shazapple
11-21-2005, 07:01 PM
I imagine its possible since you can easily switch WRX seats into our cars. However, they are quite a bit taller because of the seat rails. I think you can swap the rails though.

shooter
11-22-2005, 12:34 PM
The seats are all interchangable within 99% of the Subaru range, Impreza seats into a Leggy just need a new mounting hole for the back rest (center). They all are the same width and size leggy to leggy, I've fitted a set from a 2003 Leggy into a 1993 one and they look like standard fitment.

The seat runners are all the same too, fitting wise, though some in the outback (so I've been told) are higher than in the sedans.

EXP1787
11-22-2005, 12:37 PM
The seats are all interchangable within 99% of the Subaru range, Impreza seats into a Leggy just need a new mounting hole for the back rest (center). They all are the same width and size leggy to leggy, I've fitted a set from a 2003 Leggy into a 1993 one and they look like standard fitment.
Thank you very much. This is what I wanted to know. I haven't decided if I want to pick up this tan leather or wait for something different. I need to go take a closer look at the seats and examine the bolsters, springs, etc.