PDA

View Full Version : Dirt 2

Plays_with_Toys
05-28-2009, 01:12 AM
I'll just leave this here...

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/9497 ... 50709.html (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/949705/dirt-2/videos/dirt2_trl_studiotour_50709.html)

:smt007

I lost my forza 2 disc... grr.... this'll definitely fill in nicely though.

05-28-2009, 03:26 AM
was the first one any good? i was going to rent it but no one here has it anymore

TheAngryPidgeon
05-28-2009, 03:51 AM
You can buy the first one for PC for like $8.95. Definitely worth it.

05-28-2009, 05:44 AM

*cough* or download free... *cough*

TheAngryPidgeon
05-28-2009, 12:57 PM

*cough* or download free... *cough*

LoL, if nine bucks is too much for you to throw down, then sure. The graphics in Dirt 1 are actually pretty good, as is the vehicle damage engine. Rally courses are frustrating as shit though. I play most events on one difficulty lower than the hardest setting, but have to drop it 1-3 notches for Rally courses if I want to finish in the top 15, lol.

Huffer
05-28-2009, 01:00 PM
You're kidding me. You can't afford $9 for a decent game? That's 4 cups of Starbucks bottom barrel coffee! :whereistheslapfacesmiley:

Plays_with_Toys
05-28-2009, 03:01 PM
The first one? Not that great. The cars don't feel like they are actually touching the ground, they kind of rotate around the wrong point. The whole handling thing is just whacked out. It suffers from a lack of track selection as well.

You can download the demo on xbox live, which has a hill climb, a rally, and the baja buggies. The buggies are the only vehicles that feel "right". Supposedly they're aiming to fix the handling. The damage model has always been brilliant. The newest installment is supposed to really carry the feel of being at the event. From what I've seen, if the handling doesn't make every car guy cringe, it'll be one helluva game. But as it is, I can't even do one full rally race on dirt 1, the handling feels that bad.

badbasser98
05-29-2009, 07:04 PM
But as it is, I can't even do one full rally race on dirt 1, the handling feels that bad.
Yeah, I got bored and frustrated with the handling feel of the cars. My favorite rally game to date is the Rally Sport Challenge series. Specifically, the second one. If they made another one of those it would be awesome! The handling feel of the game wasn't sim, but it was a good feel and the car behaved how you'd expect it to.

Plays_with_Toys
06-06-2009, 02:58 AM
But as it is, I can't even do one full rally race on dirt 1, the handling feels that bad.
Yeah, I got bored and frustrated with the handling feel of the cars. My favorite rally game to date is the Rally Sport Challenge series. Specifically, the second one. If they made another one of those it would be awesome! The handling feel of the game wasn't sim, but it was a good feel and the car behaved how you'd expect it to.

I agree! It really frustrates me that that xbox title is not supported on the xbox 360.

06-06-2009, 03:26 AM
[quote="Plays_with_Toys":eurgqghg]But as it is, I can't even do one full rally race on dirt 1, the handling feels that bad.

I agree! It really frustrates me that that xbox title is not supported on the xbox 360.[/quote:eurgqghg]

:smt017 they have an xbox 360 version...

Plays_with_Toys
06-06-2009, 03:33 AM
Link or it doesn't exist :razz: I've never seen a rallisport game for 360, and apparently only rallisport 1 is compatible with the 360.

06-06-2009, 06:14 AM
oops (http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1464/DiRT/)

Plays_with_Toys
06-06-2009, 01:49 PM
That's Dirt. Not Rallisport challenge. Dirt had really arcadey physics. Rallisport always had a good feel,an awesome damage model, and was a lot of fun. Especially considering it's a US rally title.

06-06-2009, 02:19 PM
i thought thats what we were talking about.. dirt

Plays_with_Toys
06-06-2009, 02:25 PM
[quote=badbasser98][quote="Plays_with_Toys":2m54er88]But as it is, I can't even do one full rally race on dirt 1, the handling feels that bad.

I agree! It really frustrates me that that xbox title is not supported on the xbox 360.[/quote:2m54er88]

:smt017 they have an xbox 360 version...[/quote:2m54er88]

thats where it shifted to rallisport. Anyway. The new dirt is supposed to have improved physics. And then a month later and forza 3 comes out!

blackgtbeauty
06-08-2009, 02:59 PM
[quote="Plays_with_Toys":3ffi59i4]But as it is, I can't even do one full rally race on dirt 1, the handling feels that bad.

I agree! It really frustrates me that that xbox title is not supported on the xbox 360.[/quote:3ffi59i4]

+2

Perdue
08-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Anyone playing the Dirt 2 demo available for download on XBOX live? F-ing amazing.

badbasser98
08-28-2009, 12:48 PM
didn't know it was available. Will have to download after work :grin:

Reason
09-10-2009, 09:03 PM
I didn't care for the dirt 2 demo

Huffer
09-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I really liked the demo - my wife was even enjoying watching it mainly because of the wipeouts.

Graphics are "OMG hold on tight" hi-def amazing, but they are a step up and the gameplay was pretty good. I liked that the drivers had some personality, and used actual voices from Ken Block, Travis Pastrana etc.

The layout was pretty sweet too. The control system could do with some tweaking, but it's very easy to get into and out of the game.

Plays_with_Toys
09-19-2009, 05:50 PM
I played the demo, and it seems cool, but such a step away from rally. I've decided to use that $60 and apply it towards a purchase of a graphics card and Richard Burns Rally for PC. I just bought me a 32" HDTV, and will double it up as a monitor for my PC as well. I'm going to hold out for Forza 3 at this point as well.

ScaryFatKidGT
09-25-2009, 01:00 AM
Both Rallisports work on my 360? Have you ever connected to the internet???

Dirt is actually the next Collen McRay rally game its called Collen McRay: Drit in Europe or Japan or something.

LEGGY_WARRIOR13
09-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah they actually have a little montage for McRae at the end, it's pretty cool actually.

ScaryFatKidGT
09-25-2009, 04:03 PM
I was going to get Dirt 1 but iv heard 2 is pretty much superior in every way so I think I'm just guna get 2.

Soul Shinobi
10-11-2009, 08:04 PM
I have both Dirt 1 and Dirt 2 for the PS3, my friends play it more than I do but I have to say I really like Dirt 1 better. Dirt 2 is very dumbed down and is aimed at a completely different audience. Dirt 1 had a TON of real point to point rally stages and let you make changes to your car in great detail, when Dirt 2 is just 'Ken Block Arcade Rally' with Monster and Red Bull adverts EVERYWHERE and tuning consists of setting suspension stiffness on a scale of 1 to 5; I was pretty disappointed.

Grafton
10-11-2009, 09:36 PM
my bother-in-law has dirt 2 via gamefly right now and i have only played it a little bit but omg it looks awesome on the 360 and is balls to the walls fun to play, might not be so technical to play, but it is fun i am preordering it for the pc when it comes out in december

Soul Shinobi
10-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Oh it looks freaking great, but it's just more arcade and less simulator now.

badbasser98
10-12-2009, 06:09 PM
I like the game so far. Handling and car feel is much better than Dirt 1. Graphics are decent as well :smile: