PDA

View Full Version : Forza 2: Pre-forza 3 SL-i invitational series

Plays_with_Toys
06-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Ok, let's get this started. It died off pretty quick, but I just found my disk again. So this time around, it'll be a spec series race. We're using primarily real world tracks, but I think warm ups on the banger tracks might be some fun.

Let's start off with Spec vehicle suggestions. A spec vehicle is a vehicle built up but can't be tuned except tire pressure. Someone did suggest that brakes be upgraded to maximum, which is definitely good for stopping. This would allow for braking bias tuning, which I don't have a big problem with.

My suggestion for the race class is a prepped BMW M3 E46. They are quick, fairly stable for a rear wheel drive car (more so than even the saleen) and they have non-adjustable aero upgrades for better downforce.

I'll have to look at my setup, but I think it was in the 800's with small upgrades across the map, and then full chassis lightening and roll cage. Put down any other suggestions you might have, and also, start signing up:

1. Plays_with_Toys (GT: Krautastic)
2. Big Looga
3. Badbasser98
4. Perdue
5. RedEvilWgn
6. Huffer (GT: Huffa13)
7. anothernord
8. Friend'o'dan's (GT: TheCowboyJoe)

BigLooga1
06-07-2009, 05:23 AM
I'm off for 7 days as of monday and will probably be playing a bit of forza, Gamertag : BigLooga
send me an invite.

badbasser98
06-12-2009, 05:53 PM
you know I am in!

[EDIT]
You're going to have to post your specs. The one I just built and tested was pretty free... :shock:

Perdue
06-25-2009, 04:49 PM
I'll go in as long as it can be worked around my work/class schedule. I've only got every third day off as of the moment.

I'd possibly go with something that is cheaper, but that's me. I've got plenty of credits and I think I've already got an e46 so I'm good to go. We'll need specs, so on, so forth.

RedEvilWgn
06-26-2009, 04:28 PM
eh I dont drive BMWs. pick another car and I'll definitely be down!

Perdue
06-26-2009, 06:49 PM
says the new guy...making his demands after 50 posts... :grin:

Plays_with_Toys
06-26-2009, 10:10 PM
I am really open to whatever. A friend and I have been running a touring car class (based loosely on the speed GT/world touring cars) that is doing pretty well in terms of matched cars, essentially we build them to compete within 1 second of eachother on different tracks. They are still non-tuneable, but are more varied.

In the faster class we are running: nissan skyline 350gt (infiniti g35), audi S4 V8, volvo S60R, pontiac solstice turbo, lexus IS350, subaru legacy gt, chrysler crossfire and much more.

These vehicles tend to be in the 650-690 PI range, use pirelli sports tires, often a little wider, aero rear bumper, other non-adjustable aero allowed, wheels allowed, though stock diameter, sport suspension, sport swaybars, street transmission, race clutch, race flywheel, race driveline, 1 way diff (if not equipped), stage 2 lightweight. At that point you have to kind of gage the PI, look at the weight of the vehicle, do some laps (we used suzuka full with a 2:22-2:23 range.

Typical values are

Speed 5.5
Accel 4.7
Steer 4.7
Brake 4.8

Some cars are faster, with less handling. Others are slower top end, but quicker handling. I know my friend and I would love to get a full grid of this going, and we could share car set ups for these. I've started gathering paint jobs and have completed an original paint job for one of my favorites, the skyline:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5294/8e55d11e33f944e2ad4197e.jpg
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7377/9c002756e4b14440b7908be.jpg

RedEvilWgn
06-27-2009, 10:25 AM
says the new guy...making his demands after 50 posts... :grin:

lol aw cmon! ive been working on subies for 3 years now....does that count?

hahahahaha :smt005

eh what the hell, I'll drive whatever :grin:

also, I give anyone credit who puts the time in to do paint schemes and whatnot, I dont have the patience for all that...

badbasser98
06-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Next time you see me on, send me an invite and we can play around with some different car options.

Perdue
06-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Matt, where have you been? I haven't seen you online in a week or so. Been playing COD with some Barn/NASIOC guys.

Perdue
06-28-2009, 12:58 PM
PWT, I'd be up for joining something like that GT based series, but it's all dependant on my work/school schedule. I'd love to see some specs and such and get started on my own car/paintjob. I'm loving your skype scheme.

RedEvilWgn
06-28-2009, 01:08 PM
my gamertag is AntiHero983

feel free to hit me up.

Perdue
06-28-2009, 01:30 PM
added

Plays_with_Toys
06-28-2009, 07:43 PM
I'll get some specs up. Heck, I can even build you one... I have so many credits now that I don't even know what to buy. I already sent purdue a built audi. I'll have to talk to my friend and see what he's built up.

As you're looking at cars, look at mid to high range C cars as a base (440-520). Most of those will mod into the same range as the rest.

Equipment:
tires: pirelli sport tires
width: can make it wider, in fact most cars are wider, up to the widest setting, I left AWD cars thin, unless they prove to be slower
height: stock, can increase one size if you want for visuals
wheels: any rim choice that you think looks good

Suspension/driveline:
street: transmission
Sport: brakes, suspension, sway bars, weight reduction
race: clutch, flywheel, driveline
1 way differential (most c class cars have this already)

Aero:
Must have forza rear bumper
no forza front bumper, no forza spoiler, other non-adjustable aero parts ok. Carbon fiber hoods do modify performance, and are treated as such. Other parts tend to not effect much

Engine:
This is tricky, essentially this is a tuning ball park to equalize the cars. Car PI's tend to be in the 660-690 range. The cadillac CTS-V for example has 400 horsepower, but weighs alot, so an intake might be appropriate. The audi makes less horsepower but is also heavy, I have mine currently with race muffler and stage one block modification.

My BMW E36 has both a mid level intake, mid level exhaust and a mild cam.

Race cams aren't really allowed, but look to use a mild/medium cam on the cars. This will help increase your RPM range, though they quickly alter your PI, not necessarily with the same type of power you'd see out of other parts.

Send me a message on live, gamertag krautastic, and I'll send you a free built car. I currently have:

mustang GT
BMW E36
pontiac solstice
audi s4
skyline 350gt

My friend has built: a
toyota soarer (SC430)
volvo s60R
BMW E36
Mazda RX8
Cadillac CTSV
honda S2000
2x Mercedes (can't think of them, but they are the 2 C rated sedans)

We tend to just scower the auction house for paint jobs. If you have a car and need a paintjob, I can probably assist up to 1million credits. (I have 14mil). I tend to buy locked designs up to 500k, and unlocked for 1-1.5mil.

Perdue
06-28-2009, 07:59 PM
I swear I just posted. I gifted that car back to you and built one with the same everything but wheels (I had to get mesh wheels lol) and put a sirius satellite radio scheme on it. I just did a test run on Suzuka Full and managed a 2:19.646, which is a little faster than the 2:22-2:23 range, and that's with me consistently drifting a certain corner.

I'm thinking about building a Mustang GT as well, just for the hell of it.

Plays_with_Toys
06-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. I've run a 2:19 before as well. We put the 2:23 into effect, as we hadn't run the course much. Naturally as we run the course we get better and the times as a result have shifted. That audi is a strong car, but it runs with the rest of the group.

You didn't actually have to gift it back. So if anyone wants one I can send it to them. By the way, I had to put the 20 spokes on in honor of the real touring car :grin:

Perdue
06-28-2009, 09:13 PM
yeah, but mesh wheels are oh so sexy...

RedEvilWgn
06-29-2009, 02:45 PM
UGH WTF.

ok so yesterday after I did some car work at a buddy's house I was hoping to come home and play, but my roomates hippo GF used the tv all night to watch TiVo'd episodes of the fucking dog whisperer.

Ill try and be on tonight.

Huffer
06-29-2009, 04:13 PM
So I have a gold membership until 17 July. I'm down and can build a nice Bimmer for a race series. I'll make up the last positions on the grid, best time for me to race is Saturday daytime or Thursday nights. Currently I'm addicted to 1vs100.

let me know! G/tag is "Huffa13".

Plays_with_Toys
06-30-2009, 02:20 AM
So.... I realized that I'm moving next week back home, and my mother doesn't have internet. She has a highspeed wireless card. So I don't think I'm the best one to organize this, because as soon as it gets going I won't be around on xbox live. :(

Perdue
06-30-2009, 08:41 AM
This is bullshit. Make her get the interweb...the regular interweb...not her fancy schmancy card interweb...

Perdue
06-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Dan, if you get a chance could you post up the modifications on the mustang gt?

RedEvilWgn
06-30-2009, 05:55 PM
ok I havent built the bimmer yet, Ive been doing the Japanese spec B races, and now have moved on to the 500 and under HP race. I havent played forza in awhile and wanted to get the hang of it again.

RedEvilWgn
06-30-2009, 09:36 PM
assembling an E46 as i type this...

Plays_with_Toys
07-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Dan, if you get a chance could you post up the modifications on the mustang gt?

I'll gift you one. I bought it for the paint, built it, then found a "Rapid Fit" mustang! I loved the rapid fit ford mondeos from the BTCC, so I won't need the previously purchased one.

Perdue
07-01-2009, 11:41 AM
You pseudo-rich bastard :lol:

RedEvilWgn
07-01-2009, 08:18 PM
sold the E46 to build a corvette sting ray for the american iron races.....sold that vette to build a ligenfelter vette for the corvette series.

good lord that car in uncontrolable when modded....

Plays_with_Toys
07-01-2009, 09:27 PM
You pseudo-rich bastard :lol:

My room mate had a gold account and no forza save... I sort of glitch tricked. I couldn't afford a damn thing in the auction house. Stupid Forza inflation.

anothernord
07-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Yeah put me down as well.

xXGTBspecXx
10-17-2009, 03:04 PM
im in!!!

badbasser98
10-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Its not happening now... Forza 3 is right around the corner :lol:

ryu_haneda
10-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Hmmm... I was wondering about that :grin: