PDA

View Full Version : cigarette lighter, dash lights, trunk opener not working...?

green97gt
06-29-2009, 06:02 PM
hey guys, so my wife tells me she got in her car the other day and her dash lights, cigarette lighter, and trunk opener by the seat dont work.

i thought it was odd for these all to happen at once, although i assume the trunk popper it cable operated, so i dont see how that would be related, but the other two must be?

havent had a chance to see the car yet.

any thoughts.

cheers.
:smt027

99SUS SFD
06-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Check the fuse? When my cigarette lighter was shorting out, it blew the fuse for my heated seats and mirrors, but I didn't notice if it affected the dash lights.

Legacy89
06-30-2009, 01:26 PM
The trunk can be 4 things.
A: She accidentally put the button on the rear latch to "Cancel"
B: The wire got some slack and needs to be adjusted
C: The wire snapped off
D: Broken latch/lock what you call it

Instrument lights may be the fuse, bulbs or a turned down dimmer.
Cigarette lighter is most probably fuse/wiring.

impreza_GC8
06-30-2009, 09:26 PM
I agree. Check the fuses and check the alignment of the latch and be sure to flip the switch on the latch to the setting where it works, NOT cancel.

green97gt
06-30-2009, 10:30 PM
haha, yeh guys, ready your guns, the electrical problems were the cigarette lighter and dash lights were on the same fuse, and.....

that trunk latch thing was the cancel switch... i would have spent at least a few minutes if you guys hadnt mentioned it. whats the purpose?

cheers,
i owe ya a beer.

:smt030

Legacy89
06-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Give me your SVX and were even :twisted: j/k

The cancel button is just so that people cant access your trunk so easily. I use mine a lot because at the boarder here they can search it if you cant open it. Tough i got a different key for the trunk. So when they ask me, i give them the key for the ignition and they just wont get it. Makes it a bit harder to get to your stereo etc.