PDA

View Full Version : No online instructions, How do i remove the starter?

Rnaodm
12-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Ive been looking for a while i cant find any step by step online instructions for removing the starter, Heading out to the junkyard today id like to take it out of the junk car and throw it in mine in a couple hours so id like to know excatly how to do it before i start. Anyhelp on either finding the guide or writing one out real quick would definately be appriciated

Huffer
12-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Well, I can't help much, except that removing the junkyard one will be the reverse of installation...

Wiscon_Mark
12-07-2005, 02:54 PM
get yourself a haynes and chilton's manual for your car, they should have instructions.

I'll see if I can't find instructions for your car in my Chilton's manual and scan them in.

pdawg
12-08-2005, 09:11 AM
I bought one off ebay. I think total shipped was like $50. Its doing fine. If your interested I'll try and find the place I purchased it from. They had super fast shipping Like 3 day from purchase.

BAC5.2
12-08-2005, 09:36 AM
1) Disconnect battery!

2) Remove your intake.

3) Locate starter.

4) There are 4 things you need to do. First, there is a 14mm bolt on the upper left hand of the starter (looking from the front). Remove this nut. There are 2 connectors you need to undo. One is a clip connector. The other requires you to unbolt it. I think it's a 12mm, but it might be a 14.

5) Jack the car up, look up from underneath the tranny and you'll see another 14mm bolt. Remove this bolt.

The starter should pull right off.

With the axle and the exhaust in the way, it will be a difficult task to get to this bolt, but it is doable. You just need to hurt yourself to get to it.

Installation is the reverse of removal.

Disconnect the ground on the battery, not the positive. Or you can do both, but remove the ground first.

Rnaodm
12-09-2005, 12:24 AM
thanks alot for the help i found a pretty new one at the junkyard, tomorrow it will be thrown in the legacy and hopefully all will be well.