PDA

View Full Version : Regrets?

95LegacySTI
12-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Has anybody started a little DIY project and about halfway in a stop and think "what the hell am I doing" but by then its too late? I've done it twice, first time was my grill, I took out the bars and decided I hated it. Then I thought I would take off the side moldings and bondo them in, started that in june, still not even close to finished.

Plays_with_Toys
12-08-2005, 01:11 AM
replacing my turn signal bulbs. Though, I had to finish that out, because 20 min after I finished one side, I had one orange and one yellow bulb.... Anyway, 95 and 96 year models suck for front turn signals. Either remove the entire headlight assembly (mine wouldn't come out), or peel back the fender liner and with one hand remove the dang things (HUGE PITA).

Oh and my O2 sensor is still fun. I need to drop the front half of the exhaust and maybe get it the sensor out. Its hard to work on a daily driver when you need it every 8 hours.

Huffer
12-08-2005, 09:25 AM
About 6 months after I bought the car, that's when I regretted having it.

Now, with this rust and stupid roofchop that happened prior to me owning it, it's biting me in the ass.

I baby this car too...

ooberdoob
12-08-2005, 10:48 AM
hell i regret buying this car. shoulda been an RS and it eats at me every day.

SubiFlow
12-08-2005, 10:50 AM
i regret not waiting to find a 5 speed

HFSDevil
12-08-2005, 11:06 AM
I regret nothing I have done to it.

I regret not buying a Baja hood yet, buying the GT side skirts, getting my car repainted, not having my turbo installed yet, stuff like that :P

Reason
12-08-2005, 01:04 PM
i regret not waiting to find a 5 speed

ditto

I regret nothing I have done to it.

I regret not buying a Baja hood yet, buying the GT side skirts, getting my car repainted, not having my turbo installed yet, stuff like that

You sir are a true Legacy nut :twisted: (which is a good thing) :wink:

Sarra
12-08-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm waiting on a Baja turbo hood as well, but instead of a turbo setup, I'm gonna try a supercharger setup. ;)

I regret not buying a steel brush guard for my front bumper. :( I regret not having installed fog lights yet.

I regret making an extra car payment, because now I can't afford gas. :p

Wiscon_Mark
12-08-2005, 08:44 PM
I regret buying a mechanical oil guage....but I think I can salvage the situation by converting it to something else ...

Creativity always at work :twisted:

badbasser98
12-08-2005, 09:47 PM
i don't regret any changes I have made yet (few made). Ask me again next fall. The only thing I regret is trading my BD, I should have kept it when I bought the BE.

RABID_SUB
12-09-2005, 12:02 AM
This is going to sound really bad, but...

I guess I can say buying a Legacy. I love my car, I'm just sayin it turned me into some kind of freak. All I do is think about my car. Hell all my other projects have taken a back seat. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my car. I just don't like it taking over me.

Wiscon_Mark
12-09-2005, 12:04 AM
This is going to sound really bad, but...

I guess I can say buying a Legacy. I love my car, I'm just sayin it turned me into some kind of freak. All I do is think about my car. Hell all my other projects have taken a back seat. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my car. I just don't like it taking over me.

completely understood :D

Plays_with_Toys
12-09-2005, 01:39 AM
On the topic of regrets. One thing I don't regret is my mudflaps! Washed the car today, still alot of wet, salty spots on the roads and my car is just about untouched (except for the fact I had some SUVs around me spraying my car.

scottzg
12-09-2005, 02:03 AM
dont half ass the 'clear the headlights' job. Done correctly only takes 20 more minutes and saves you a lot.

RABID_SUB
12-09-2005, 04:27 PM
I regret the firestone tires I bought.