PDA

View Full Version : brake light, battery and abs light!!!

aznguy0087
07-20-2009, 09:50 PM
was driving my mums car, tonight brake light, battery came on, and then the abs light came on and then started to flash! it only happens when i step on the gas, as soon as i get off the gas it goes away wtf? checked the fuses none of them are blowen, dont smell anything, car drives fine, any reason behide this?

jey
07-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Check the condition of your alternator belt/alternator.

aznguy0087
07-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Check the condition of your alternator belt/alternator.

would that cuz the problems? ill get it in the shoper later today to check if the alternator is charging, and the belt, i heard the nosie from the belts the other day but it went away?

jey
07-21-2009, 10:55 AM
If your battery light comes on that either indicates a problem with the battery or the alternator. Since it only occurs when you are accelerating I am leaning towards alternator. Could cause cascading effects on brake sensors so that's where I'd look first.

aznguy0087
07-22-2009, 10:22 AM
If your battery light comes on that either indicates a problem with the battery or the alternator. Since it only occurs when you are accelerating I am leaning towards alternator. Could cause cadcading effects on brake sensors so that's where I'd look first.

yeah thats wat i was thinking too! got it in the shop the other day, found out it was the alternator, was not charging at all! got it replaced and no lights are coming on! yeah thanks for the help mate :smt006