PDA

View Full Version : Q: Battery keeps draining

--Rogue--
08-09-2009, 03:18 AM
Ok so here is the deal. I just bought a BD5 from Japan and brought it home 3 days ago.

My BD keeps on draining out the battery, actually drained out 2 of them in 2 days. All the lights is turned off i always triple check it everything before leaving the car. Im sure the alternator is good because once I jump start it, it stays running for a long period of time. Then when I turn off the car I can hear a high pitch sound (not to loud) from under the car, i proceed to try starting the car again but it just wont start. Now I do believe one of the wire is grounded, is there an easy way to find out where a wire is grounded to? Or is that high pitch sound a clue to where the grounded wire might be?

Huffer
08-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Does your import have an aftermarket alarm?

--Rogue--
08-09-2009, 04:43 PM
No aftermarket alarm... no radio, but there is this thing that beeps when i put the car in reverse, just like some trucks.

LegacyGT97
08-09-2009, 05:17 PM
check right steering collum. on top theres park lights. make sure they are not turned on. That will cause your battery to drain.

--Rogue--
08-09-2009, 11:21 PM
The parking lights is off.

After hours of going through every inch of my car I made a discovery. There are two red wires (i believe its the ground) connected to battery. I disconneted the red wires off the battery terminal then the high pitch sound disapears, but then the car doesnt want to start. I left the postive and negative terminal connected to battery and left it for a few hours guess what the battery doesnt get drained. So Im thinking the two red wires is somehow causing the battery to drain...

I guess I will just bring it down to the shop (sigh)