PDA

View Full Version : Canceress headlight wiring

subaru13
08-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Alright so originally when I had my stock headlights i put some of those high watt bulbs in there and they messed up the wiring in the actual car for the headlights, so after trying to figure out what happened I could only come to the conclusion that maybe I had fried some wires or something because all my fuses were still fine.

After rewiring it and jimmy rigging it I could only get the headlights to be on high beams, so after driving with that around for a few months I decided to invest in some Jdm Projectors....now after wiring that all up I was able to get it where the projector was set as the low beam and then when switched to highbeam have only the highbeam come on and very dim at that.

Then shortly after having those installed the button for the foglights in side the car stopped working and I had to hard wire them up and also the highbeam light on the dash stopped working.

It's like my headlight wiring harness has cancer and keeps spreading. I Just want to fix it so were its back to all working and not have to have it all ghetto setup. If anyone has had this problem or knows what to do that would be a huge help.

SpeedmanRC
08-18-2009, 10:59 PM
sounds to me like you are not getting the proper power and ground to the lights...and jimmy ridding lights is not safe for you or anyone else on the road.

subaru13
08-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Hmm well i know I am not getting the proper power to the lights because the highbeams are not lit fully... and how do you figure that my so called jimmy rigging is unsafe for other drivers... they are not on highbeams or anything they are just on the projectors.