PDA

View Full Version : please help is my car dead?

legacy98gt
08-21-2009, 11:41 AM
ok timing belt went so i replaced it and started it up for just one second and it sounded ok at first after about 3 seconds it starts knocking did i bend something? if i fixed it myself how much will it cost? could it be something else? or should i just get full coverege and drive it off a bridge and get a new subaru? it still ran and fired up with no problem

and also where do they sell valves and such at? do i have to go to the dealer or can i buy them online for cheaper? or do they sell them at any autoparts stores?

and is there a way i can tell if that is the problem before i start taking a part the engine? can anyone tell me? i need help!!!

1-3-2-4
08-22-2009, 12:53 PM
uhmm wow... so I take it you have a 98 GT? So you have a DOHC engine.. did you line the alignment marks up? 2nd did you spin them the right way? you can't spin both clockwise to line them.

nipper
08-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Pull the timing belt covers. Go to www.endwrench.com (http://www.endwrench.com) and look up in the archives under engine for timing belt.

this does not sound good.

nipper

legacy98gt
08-23-2009, 04:05 PM
the drivers exhaust was off by one tooth, i checked the valves and they were ok wat else should i check while i have it apart? the knocking was from the drivers side should i check the passenger side too? i dont really want to cause i just did the headgasket job and dont want to take the other side apart