PDA

View Full Version : SPT axelback

NICKZ
09-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Hey guys, hows it going. I'm thinking about buying a SPT axelback to put on my 03 legacy sedan. It came off my friends 04 wrx and he is gonna give it to me for 40 bucks (the main reason im buying it). So i have a couple quick questions before I go through with this. I know there are a couple people here who have experience with the SPT so if they could chime in that would be greatly appreciated. First off, what is it going to take to put this thing on??? Am I going just going to have to get longer hangers or is it going to be a little more serious? Next does anyone know the inlet diameter for the axelback? I wanna replace my midpipe if i can while I'm at it, does anyone have any suggestions on where to get one that will mate up to the stock cats and the SPT axelback? I'm not trying to spend a terrible amount of money so cheaper options would be preferred. I guess thats all for know. Thanks guys.

Ej22SubieRoo
09-07-2009, 10:28 PM
If its off a wrx its prob 2.5" piping ..... its really easy to put on as long as your factory flanges arent rusted together and the wrx flange might be tilted differently ...... you can prob get a stromung midpipe and it would bolt up to the cats but idk about the flange on the wrx axleback ....

Boxer4racing.com has the midpipe

Huffer
09-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Take it to an exhaust shop. Tell them "I want this axleback, to go on my car". Sit in waiting room for 2hours. Drive away with a little more burble.

Reason
09-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Burble from an SPT?? Roger are you sniffing white-out again?

impreza_GC8
09-09-2009, 12:57 AM
My SPT has a LOT of burble. Granted, I am catless. But its quite satisfying. I agree with whoever said take it to an exhaust shop and wait. You'll prob spend a hundred bucks or so but you wont have to worry about hangers or midpipe diameters.