PDA

View Full Version : AVO Coil Over kits

shooter
12-20-2005, 06:43 PM
I have been offered a set of AVO coil overs at a silly price, so silly I will buy them no matter what :) However the guy selling them doesn't have the top mounts nor does he know if these work with the standard top mounts.

Anyone know if they will work with my regular mounts? (STI/Group N)

voorhees
12-20-2005, 06:49 PM
ground control is the best man, fully adjustable, man i miss my accord sometimes

95legacy
12-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Possibly what model and year car are they off of? Since AVO does specialize in subarus some what I'm going to go with yes, and if not it would most likely be as simple as just getting new top hats. Sounds like and awesome find though AVO is some top quality stuff.
Peace,
Kyle

Wiscon_Mark
12-20-2005, 07:12 PM
I'd venture to guess they're off an impreza (or were designed for an impreza)...

shooter
12-21-2005, 02:22 AM
Yes these were originally bought for an impreza so I know the spring rates maybe a little soft, however I've read that normally AVO's are a little on the hard side so on the Legacy I'm hoping to start with they maybe a little softer due to the extra weight.

These are full on coil overs rather than the Ground Control kits, and since I posted I have searched every where I possibly can for info, it appears that they aren't supplied with top hats so buyers can fit their own choice, normally fully adjustable ones, but since all after market top hats are different thicknesses I'm guessing my STi hats should also work. Only one way to find out for sure, oh well its only money :shock:

95legacy
12-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah I would think your STi/group N ones will work fine, sounds like you got a great deal, lucky, wish we got AVO stuff over here easier and cheaper.
Peace,
Kyle