PDA

View Full Version : bov on the jdm TT

chile
09-22-2009, 09:09 PM
i read that aftermarket BOV's make the VoD more "noticeable" on the JDM TT motor...anyone have experience with this? sorry for all the noob q's. just trying to get it right before i buy shit.

Steinbruchsoldat
09-23-2009, 09:01 AM
If the bov is fitted correctly, there`s no difference...

Just change it for the oem bov on the intercooler. Keep your hands away from the one on passenger side, because it`s for the tt setup...

Can look like this:

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2009/09/dsc01075d8iv-2.jpg

chile
09-23-2009, 10:37 AM
kinda what i figured....picked up an HKS bov....gonna have the shop run the plumbing. thx.

yakuza
10-19-2009, 06:50 AM
its best not change ur factory blow off valve set up, the factory setup is a plumb back / recirculating type and helps better spool and it wont make da car idle rough or die.

i have owned a few BE5 and BH5 legacy twin turbo (JDM models only in New Zealand thank god) and i have learned that changing ur BOV just so u can hear a noise and act cool in ur neighbourhood is a waste of time. U are not doing the car any favours and especially if the air is released into the atmosphere with a cheap aftermarket BOV then ur car will be running rich through da gear change which can lead to detonation and carbon build up and u might hear a back fire sound coming out of the exhuast due to that highly rich mixture going into da motor. the standard BOV can handle upto 1bar or 1.5bar or boost (correct me if im wrong) if u do have a big wallet and u want an aftermarket BOV then make sure ITS A RECIRCULATING OR A PLUMB BACK TYPE!!!!!!!

chile
10-21-2009, 11:16 PM
i...then make sure ITS A RECIRCULATING OR A PLUMB BACK TYPE!!!!!!!

yeah, i kinda gave up on this till i started looking at the recirc bov's...i can get the recirc adapter/nozzle/fitting so i MIGHT try that out.