PDA

View Full Version : new names?

belladonna
12-22-2005, 06:50 PM
i've noticed that some of the "names" we're given under the user name have changed...who else noticed?

Plays_with_Toys
12-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I have no idea what mine is supposed to mean.

gil_ong81
12-22-2005, 09:03 PM
i'm safe. :thumbleft:

Wiscon_Mark
12-22-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm not sure what yours is supposed to mean, either PWT...we're coming up with a new ranking system, and its still in the works....trying to make it as international as possible is hard :?

It'll be a lot harder to climb the ladder now ;)

I think we'll go with mostly US, Japan, and Australian trimlines (RS, GT, LSi, S401, etc)

GT Wagon
12-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Yeah, what the hell is "L" ? :shock:

voorhees
12-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Its a trim code, most Legacys are L, I'm a noob Bridghton. One day i'll be a L33t GT sedan(methinks)

Wiscon_Mark
12-22-2005, 11:05 PM
I'd probably be a GT-B ;)

Yes, L, LS, LSi, GT, Brighton, SS, etc, are all trim levels in the US...however there are a bunch around the world (RSK, GT-B, S401, RS-RA, RS, etc) that we know a lot less about...I wish Haplesspete or SC00BS were around to enlighten us...

BAC5.2
12-23-2005, 12:20 AM
What's mine?

I want something gangster. Plus, I'm the Mid-A rep yo!

Huffer
12-23-2005, 12:37 AM

The 250T is a base model for the GT-B. It's designation is found usually only in Japan, or NZ or Australia (due to the JDM import market).

Mark - the GT-B is often confused with the GTB and the GT B.
Slight differences in the monikers, they were used at different times.

ooberdoob
12-23-2005, 12:48 AM
i think we could use a couple polls in terms of what the top name should be, second, etc.

Reason
12-23-2005, 02:57 AM

The 250T is a base model for the GT-B. It's designation is found usually only in Japan, or NZ or Australia (due to the JDM import market).
quote]

Thank you

i think we could use a couple polls in terms of what the top name should be, second, etc.

Nope, it's already been done. Although I'm still doing research on it. I have a few friend on other Legacy forums helping me out :wink:

ooberdoob
12-23-2005, 11:22 AM
well i had no pwer for six days and no net for 8, so you'll have to excuse meh :lol:

Huffer
12-23-2005, 01:30 PM

I should also note that the 250T is a non-turbo.

Reason
12-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Don't worry people, just give it time. In the meantime if you come up with any trims and have a suggestion on the order it should be I will put them in consideration.

BAC5.2
12-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Put SportSedan at the top :) We all know they were the best Legacys brought to America.

Huffer
12-23-2005, 02:20 PM
I dunno, but I'd be gunning for the Blitzen B4 as the top rank.
Or maybe the S401.

You should just do it in terms of power - easiest that way.

Maybe all new members should be "Brats and Bajas"... :lol:

Ranks based on post count really don't mean that much. They're fun, but not worth spending too much time on.

You can tell from post 1 that someone like BACS2.5 isn't a new player. ;)

Reason
12-23-2005, 02:33 PM
S401 is the top rank right now. That's why we went with trim's. I wanted something Legacy/Liberty orientated. I know that just because you are new here doesn't mean you don't know what you are talking about. There are some people here (and other boards) that have hundreds and thousands of post and can only BS a topic. "Ranks" mean nothing here, it was implemented just to have the forum more "complete". We want to improve SLi as much as we can for the members, all suggestions are wanted and encouraged.

BAC5.2
12-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Quick Reply!!!!!!

Reason
12-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Quick Reply!!!!!!

It will be on the "2-do" list :wink:

Perdue
12-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Although it's a neat idea, some people are going to have no idea what the hell any of those mean. A more simplistic approach would be better, IMO.

Wiscon_Mark
12-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Although it's a neat idea, some people are going to have no idea what the hell any of those mean. A more simplistic approach would be better, IMO.

yes, but we also want to say international...but I don't disagree

Huffer
12-23-2005, 04:38 PM
you could just do away with post counts and ranks altogether.
Wouldn't make any difference to me.

But quick reply is good to have too.

Reason
12-23-2005, 04:48 PM

It's like going to school and not knowing how to read. This is a good place to learn :wink:

Wiscon_Mark
12-23-2005, 07:29 PM
you could just do away with post counts and ranks altogether.
Wouldn't make any difference to me.

But quick reply is good to have too.

or we could just hide post count like they do on nasioc.

ivwarrior
12-23-2005, 09:07 PM
or we could just hide post count like they do on nasioc.

Nah, that's annoying. I don't know why, but I like having post count (especially my own) visible...... I also like avatar's, another thing Nabisco doesn't allow....

Wiscon_Mark
12-23-2005, 10:15 PM
I don't really see post count as a status thing, but it does let a newbie know a little about the site and the people in it...I guess you could look at it the other way and "It lets the n00bs know who's a whore" :lol:

fsuskppy
12-23-2005, 10:28 PM
I think its kinda cool...it adds a new twist to things

legacy92ej22t
12-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Just posting to see if mines still the same.

legacy92ej22t
12-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Yep! +)

Oh, and congrats Phil! We be representin'! :-D

Huffer
12-24-2005, 01:40 AM
Umm, yeah, you don't need to post to see if your rank changes, you just look at your previous posts... ;)

Reason
12-24-2005, 02:28 AM
This isn't NASIOC, we will do some things different. As of now how everything is set up thats what we are stuck with, minus I few things on our upgrade list.

legacy92ej22t
12-24-2005, 07:37 AM
Umm, yeah, you don't need to post to see if your rank changes, you just look at your previous posts... ;)

Uh, I know dude, I was trying, and apparently failing, to be funny. :(

Perdue
12-24-2005, 01:55 PM
It's like going to school and not knowing how to read. This is a good place to learn :wink:Good thing this isn't school, eh? I just don't feel that looking to see who has the most posts is a good way to learn the international trim levels of the Subaru Legacy. And I take it the L is under the GT? What if I happened to feel that my EJ22 was better than your EJ25? Afterall, the EJ22s are known to be pretty much bulletproof, where as the EJ25s are known to blow headgaskets. Just some food for thought ;-)

Reason
12-24-2005, 02:56 PM

Uh, I know dude, I was trying, and apparently failing, to be funny. :(

Matt, I think you are funny........................... :lol: <----- see?

Reason
12-24-2005, 03:07 PM
It's funny how some of you are taking this "trim levels" or "ranks" the wrong way. We wanted something different, so we are trying this. They means nothing but how many posts someone has. It doesn't indicate who has the most knowledge. It's simply adds a little to the site.

With all the different trim levels around the world it's almost impossible to get them all in the "correct" order. As for why did I put the GT above the L? well because the GT is more superior lol :wink: J/K. Honestly I did it more based on price range. So unless we have other trims popping out of the wood work or something of the same sorts feel free to send me a PM.

Perdue
12-24-2005, 08:09 PM
When people modify cars so that every little thing to be somewhat different from someone else's ride, it often ends up a tasteless mess, often referred to as "rice".

And my Sergeant Major taught me a very important way of approaching things that has helped me keep thing successful time and time again...the "KISS" Method: Keep It Simple Stupid.

Reason
12-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Good thing your sergeant major doesn't run SLi, it would be pretty boring. :wink: Everything, every place has it's own ways on running things. Sometimes more is better sometimes less is.

Perdue
12-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Better to be boring than retarded :lol: I keed, I keed. Seriously though...a bunch of elaborate ranks isn't going to make this place anymore appealing or inviting, much less exciting. I think those efforts could be concentrated elsewhere.

Reason
12-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Again they are being miss understood. They mean nothing and it does add to the forum.

Perdue
12-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Stupid double posts...how'd that happen?

scottzg
12-26-2005, 03:43 PM
I must confess, i don't know half the trim levels for the legacy in all countries, and when the L has been superceded by the 2.5i, etc, i end up being very confused.

I saw that i was ranked "LS" for the first time, i thought "oh, we're listing everyone's car model, and they screwed mine up," and i'd imagine thats what most newbs to the site would think. I like the idea, but maybe there's a better way to do it... wish i had a suggestion for that.

2dl's nickname is fkn hilarious, and you better not change it.

Reason
12-26-2005, 06:27 PM
I must confess, i don't know half the trim levels for the legacy in all countries, and when the L has been superceded by the 2.5i, etc, i end up being very confused.

I saw that i was ranked "LS" for the first time, i thought "oh, we're listing everyone's car model, and they screwed mine up," and i'd imagine thats what most newbs to the site would think. I like the idea, but maybe there's a better way to do it... wish i had a suggestion for that.

Maybe I will do it that way. Just list active members with their real trims. Or list the model Legacy altogether. What do you guys think of that?

2dl's nickname is fkn hilarious, and you better not change it.

Didn't plan on it...

Huffer
12-27-2005, 12:18 PM

Maybe I will do it that way. Just list active members with their real trims. Or list the model Legacy altogether. What do you guys think of that?

I think, you need a post or rank page with rank names corresponding to Legacy trim level (which I think should be based on a HP output because it's linear like a post count), with special titles for reps, mods and t3h ch33s3 people.

If the point is to educate people on the various trim levels in the Legacy family, using post counts based on ranks is pointless - plus, as an admin, do you want the job of having to adjust everyone's rank?

Bear in mind, the trim levels will keep growing as Subaru releases more models... Bspec, Blitzen, S402 etc.

Desertheatracing
12-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Would anyone be up for making there own titles..? I think I might be able to do that with phpbb...

Huffer
12-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Providing they're editable or lockable by admins, that's fine.

I just don't want to be at work and see someone's avatar and underneath might be some kind of swear or sexually related title...

y'know, "Big Wanger" or something :lol:

gator gt
12-30-2005, 12:11 AM
Bingo! --> on the combination of Jeremy's and Huffer's posts. Let people do their own titles, as long as it falls in line with Admin setup rules and are lockable/editable by Admin for proper content.

That seems like a way to be different. Although, its kind of like a 2nd signature at that point.

GGT

Reason
12-30-2005, 01:48 AM
That is a good idea, that or people put their year and model of Legacy. So if they have a question people that can answer won't have to say "what kind of car you have?"

ivwarrior
12-30-2005, 06:29 AM
Bingo! --> on the combination of Jeremy's and Huffer's posts. Let people do their own titles, as long as it falls in line with Admin setup rules and are lockable/editable by Admin for proper content.

That seems like a way to be different. Although, its kind of like a 2nd signature at that point.

GGT

Yeah, but people already use the location field for that, so what's it matter?

galek_98gt
12-30-2005, 03:05 PM
just checking to see what mine says.