PDA

View Full Version : X-MAS POLL! also, WHAT YOU GOT!

ooberdoob
12-24-2005, 06:40 PM
my christmas is b0rked, how bout yours?

TheBigJesus.
12-24-2005, 08:47 PM
No school, break from athletics, relatives coming in, gifts, and most importantly, time with the girlfriend. Couldn't be better!

fsuskppy
12-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Lets see....work christmas eve....work christmas day....family in Georgia and girlfriend in DC so.....Looks like I'll be spending it all by my self....so...who cares

Sarra
12-24-2005, 10:03 PM
This is the 4th Christmas in a ROW my mother has ruined. :evil: I mean, god DAMN, it's irritating! :?

shazapple
12-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Got off school on the 20th and I wont get my bad marks back until after xmas. So far so good! Looking after a (empty) house and dog, so Im seeing a lot of the gf. ;) Pretty good year. Happy holidays everyone!

Wiscon_Mark
12-24-2005, 11:42 PM
This is the 4th Christmas in a ROW my mother has ruined. :evil: I mean, god DAMN, it's irritating! :?

you can expand on that if you want...we like to commiserate ;)

My christmas has been good...but its not even the 25th! (yet...) I'll get back to you on it :)

Sarra
12-25-2005, 05:11 AM

you can expand on that if you want...we like to commiserate ;)

My christmas has been good...but its not even the 25th! (yet...) I'll get back to you on it :)

Two years ago, we got into a big fight about something.

Last year, we got into a big fight about something.

Again, we got into a big fight about something.

I just remember last year, we didn't open presents for 2 weeks because I wasn't on talking terms with my mother. ~___~ Two years ago, it was delayed maybe 2 days... Sighs. Why is it that during holidays, my mom INSISTS on being so stupid about such mundane things? It's like she lives JSUT to NAG me. She always picks the best time to bitch at me to do something that doesn't need to be done, waits until I have a miserable headache, feel like vomiting, and am mostly asleep becuase of illness to DEMAND in her shrill, earsplitting bitchy voice that I do some moronic task that doesn't need to be done. ~___~ Then she rubs something in my face trying to put me into a guilt trip... I wonder if I still have a concience sometimes, because i just don't care about what she says anymore.

Plays_with_Toys
12-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Lets see.... I found out my chemistry teacher gave me 2 more points in the class, which brought me from an 89% B+ to an A!. So I got another 4.0 for last semester (much improved over a year ago, at another college and the 1.57GPA I got).

I had to work christmas eve, but my group of students were awesome, so that made it better. For christmas, I got a bicycle from my grandparents (or their money atleast) to get me around campus, got a one year membership to AAA from my dad :shock: and $120 towards tinting the windows on my car. I'm off for one day (x-mas day) then more work, but then its just a short while before I transfer to the university and continue with my Engineering degree.

So for me, even though I am not in a huge christmas spirit, it was one heckuva good holiday.

ooberdoob
12-25-2005, 01:09 PM
bud brown got the best rake i've seen this far. i'll PM him to put up his list, and change the thread title to reflect the "post what you got here"

i gooot:
bunch of clothes.
cool rechargable dirt devil for the apartment.
http://img.shopping.com/cctool/PrdImg/images/pr/177X150/00/01/8d/8f/8f/26054543.JPG
torque wrench
http://www.amprotool.net/proimages/002/002-05/T39901.jpg
(with money): Sony DRU810A
http://www.computervideogear.com/dvd-burners/images/sony-dru-810a-dvd-burner.jpg
Seagate HDD
http://x12.putfile.com/12/35812522456.jpg

i'll list other stuff when i remember it.[/url]

Huffer
12-25-2005, 03:58 PM
I got the biggest and best Christmas ever.

I was reminded of the reason for Christmas, and reminded what family is all about. Good or bad, it's the best reason to do the best you can, and be eternally thankful for what you have, regardless of it's perceived material value.

So I try to remember every day that I'm not "poor" or "unwell" or even "having a bad day". I'm alive, and able to help others. Even if it's just shovelling someone's driveway, or checking their tire pressures.
That's what counts.

Merry CHRISTMAS everyone! :D

And if you don't believe in Christmas...then get back to work! :lol: :D

Plays_with_Toys
12-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Walmart was closed just now. Walmart! I thought they never closed. I really needed some simple green to clean my engine bay (gasp! yep, I'm cleaning the engine bay!)

I've also got to take some measurements for the muffler I plan to order and I want to figure out how to route the catback for when I take it to the exhaust shop.

Huffer, it is good to be alive. Everyday is an oppurtunity to learn, have fun, or love. Or a combination of the above.

scottzg
12-25-2005, 05:52 PM
i got my window broken and my radio stolen.

Merry Christmas.

ivwarrior
12-25-2005, 09:09 PM
I got a Minolta digital SLR, and got to do some real driving in my car for a change. I think I drove about 350 miles this weekend. I just got the car a couple weeks ago, and until this weekend, I think I only drove it about 300 miles total.

strat81
12-26-2005, 02:17 AM
i got a columbia sweatshirt, a gift card for movie gallery, the new hess truck, alloy dampers and rear dogbones for my xmods, a white pearloid pickguard for my strat, a craftsman fender mat, a PA state trooper t-shirt, a couple of travel mugs, and this...

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2005/12/x113KDCX789fjpeg-1.jpg

it's a kenwood kdc x789 cd deck. i'm waiting for it to come in (ordered off ebay)

i'll post some pics of the strat when i get the chance...

TheBigJesus.
12-26-2005, 11:21 AM
i got my window broken and my radio stolen.

Merry Christmas.
That really sucks. So sorry to hear it.

I got a digital camera (cybershot dsc-w7), some stuff for it, poker chip set, scale (i row lightweight so need to keep it under 155), some movies, and a tire gauge!

badbasser98
12-26-2005, 09:12 PM
haha, i got a torque wrench too :wink: .. a Dremel kit, money :o , new Foo Fighters CD, a nice fat bonus from work... that's all I can think of for now. Not sure to use the bonus for headers and use remainder for something else, or use it to buy the Baja hood :? Opinions? :-D

-BB98

Huffer
12-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Not sure to use the bonus for headers and use remainder for something else, or use it to buy the Baja hood :? Opinions? :-D
-BB98

Headers!

Wiscon_Mark
12-27-2005, 04:41 PM
well, I didn't get anything I wanted, except cash...and its not even enough to buy hellas :(

pdawg
12-29-2005, 08:57 PM
I got locking lugs and some headphones. The wife and I got tickets to the
blue collar tour, 4th row pretty cool.

I've also been off since the 23rd. So its been pretty good

Reason
12-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Unlike last year, I didn't go up to Santa and told him he sucks because I didn't get anything I wanted. So I went to the extreme this year and pretty much bought my whole family and all my friends presents. I also went on a spending spree for myself. Screw you Santa I'm taking over sucka!

PS, best thing I got was from my girlfriend. I'm a huge Patriot fan and she got me a HUGE sign photo of Tedy Bruschi!

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2005/12/DSCF0047-1.jpg

EXP1787
12-30-2005, 04:27 PM
PS, best thing I got was from my girlfriend.
Same here. She really liked the ring that I got for her :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wiscon_Mark
12-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Same here. She really liked the ring that I got for her :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

as in...that ring?

TheBigJesus.
12-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Same here.

They say the best things in life are free. ;-)

galek_98gt
12-31-2005, 12:00 AM
my christmas was good, warm, but good. unfortunately on the day we were supposed to leave my in-laws my oldest son woke up sick and i had to delay leaving for an extra day and a half. he's better but now my wifes sick so they're still at her parents and i'm back at work.

Least
12-31-2005, 02:21 AM
lots of clothes, will be getting new headlights (unless i decide to get some other thing for my car), some cash, torque wrench, bits, new screwdriver and hex key set.... umm, yeah.

95LegacySTI
12-31-2005, 12:41 PM
This Christmas was ok, the only thing I got for my car was supertones from my girlfriend. Sweet. My parents never get me anything for my car. bastards

Wiscon_Mark
12-31-2005, 12:44 PM
This Christmas was ok, the only thing I got for my car was supertones from my girlfriend. Sweet. My parents never get me anything for my car. bastards

yeah, my parents seem to be oblivious to my ultimate hobby too :(