PDA

View Full Version : I'm damned excited

sheepdog
12-28-2005, 12:19 PM
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/5199/kittys0154ig.th.jpg (http://img325.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kittys0154ig.jpg)

http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/6018/kittys0160xk.th.jpg (http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kittys0160xk.jpg)

http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/6763/kittys0173ie.th.jpg (http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kittys0173ie.jpg)

These are for my GC8, but I figured I would show you guys what I got myself for christmas :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

shazapple
12-28-2005, 02:13 PM
mmmm purdy

Huffer
12-28-2005, 02:25 PM
At full hard - be surprised if you can stand on the door sill and get the car to bounce.... ;)

sheepdog
12-28-2005, 04:47 PM
This, in combination with the polyurethane bushings and rear sway bar, should eliminate my much-hated understeer

Huffer
12-28-2005, 05:22 PM
A huge rear swaybar could have done similar things... ;)
though probably with less finesse.

shooter
12-28-2005, 05:52 PM
sweet set up... its gonna change the ride for the better for sure :)

Out of interest you know what the spring rates are on those?

Wiscon_Mark
12-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Tein makes a thing to go with those coilovers so you can adjust dampening within the car :D

strat81
12-29-2005, 12:07 AM
mark... that's what the edfc is in the second pic... it's the electronic damping force controller :P

tein's are nice... i've ridden in a friend's festiva that is equipped with tein basics (yep, i said festiva) anyways, i want to pick up a set of the ss's and the edfc for my cavi at some point.

Sarra
12-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Do you have the option to change ride height with these? I'm most interested in a lift, although it would be nice to be able to lower the car as well. :) I looked for information, but I couldn't find any...

belladonna
12-29-2005, 01:17 PM
awh, i'm so jealous :lol: you'll have to take lots of pix of this ordeal and do a write up on the handling results :-D

Huffer
12-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Height adjustment is standard on TEIN coilovers.
Fairly sure you can adjust the height higher than stock, but I wouldn't use TEINS for offroading excursions.

scottzg
12-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Sweet! Anything that adds more electronics boxes to the interior is goodness. 8)

you have a 4 door wrx?

My cat is the same color.

sheepdog
12-29-2005, 02:09 PM
haha I forgot my cat got in the picture

Yep, mark, what do you take me for? Of course I got the EDFC ;)

I dont know the spring rate off the top of my head. I'll look later.

The GC8 is a 4 door. you can see a pic of it in members rides 2 I think, look for my traitorous project

I'll look for the height adjustment specs, see if itll go higher than stock. I am not going to be dropping the car very much, so I know I can do stock height with these. I was in between these and the gravel spec coilovers, the reason I got these was I wanted the EDFC and they dont make rally coilovers that are compatible yet, and these will do the trick for what I will be doing with the right adjustments.

Bella, they will be going on at the same time as the EJ22t, so the difference will be profound I'm sure lol. I'll definitely do a writeup with tons of pics as the swap progresses!

EDIT: Oh, and did I mention Marti, the guy at SpeedFactor that I ordered them from who is a master distributor for Tein, mentioned that these are one of 3 sets like it in the states :twisted:

Huffer
12-29-2005, 03:27 PM
EDIT: Oh, and did I mention Marti, the guy at SpeedFactor that I ordered them from who is a master distributor for Tein, mentioned that these are one of 3 sets like it in the states :twisted:

Which damper system (strut) is this?
I have a friend that lives not far from me with a 2.5RS that has the EDFC units installed on his Teins.

I think there are more than 3 sets in the whole of the US...

sheepdog
12-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Maybe he meant there were 3 sets left, Ill ask him again

Huffer
12-29-2005, 04:47 PM
One other thing - while your contact might be the master distributor, they're not the only ones. So he might have sold 3 sets, but that doesn't mean there aren't more than 3 in the country.

Just didn't want you to get hung up on the "exclusivity" of such items.

A few months back, JDM projectors were rare. Now every second enthusiast has them! ;)

sheepdog
12-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Theyre no hot shot shop, just a local deal, all I know is what I heard. Turns out I misunderstood, it was that Tein only HAD 3 sets of these available, there are plenty on the streets already. My bad guys. Still, now there are only 2 sets of these coilovers left until they make more ;)

gator gt
12-29-2005, 09:58 PM
I like the quality of Tein. Never riden in anything with them...but have heard nothing but goodness about them.

They don't make a complete car setup for the 2nd gen Legs do they?

GGT

Sarra
12-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Height adjustment is standard on TEIN coilovers.
Fairly sure you can adjust the height higher than stock, but I wouldn't use TEINS for offroading excursions.

Yeah, I thought about it and hte first thing that came to mind was 'autocross'.

Still looking for a suspeions for my car that has a lift and softer ride. :(

Huffer
12-29-2005, 11:44 PM
They do, just not in the US. :(

Tein's coilovers are pretty good - though lately their quality has gotten somewhat suspect (last 3-4 years). When the RicerBoom hit (F&TF), Tein sold a lot of S and H-tech springs... which are pretty much just for show.

sheepdog
12-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Can't blame them for capitalizing on civic owners wanting their cars to scrape speed bumps and ride like shit :lol: me and one of my friends made a fake intercooler out of an old radiator we had and sold it to a guy for 100 bucks. I'll check with Marti about coilovers for the 2nd gen, see what he knows.

Edit: No coilovers from Tein for 2nd gen. D2 makes them though. $1275. Email Martin@thespeedfactor.com, he can hook you up ;)

Sorry for the sponsor plug guys lol

BAC5.2
01-05-2006, 03:49 AM
I like Tein's for the EDFC.

I might look into a set of the Gravel Spec's, but I'll probably get some H&R coilovers.