PDA

View Full Version : Which Impreza parts can be used on a MY02 Legacy 2.5 GT?

ShortysTRM
12-30-2005, 02:10 PM
I know that's a pretty general question, but I have been wondering this for a long time.

Suspension parts: Sway-bars? Strut bars? Springs/struts/mounts?

Engine: I already have an OBX intake designed for a 2.5RS, so what else fits? I know pullies fit, but what about the I-Speed reflash and some of the other performance parts?

EXHAUST: From what I know, the 2.5RS headers are all Legacy compatible, like the OBX/Cobb/Rallitek, Borla/eBay knockoffs, etc. Boxer4Racing lists the 2.5RS cat-backs under parts for the Legacy...so do they fit the Legacy? I'd love to get some EL headers and a cat-back, but I'm not sure what parts will fit.

Body panels: Do the Impreza spoilers/wings have the same mounting pattern? The Baja Turbo hood will fit the Legacy, but I don't know if any other body parts are swappable...or if there are any more I'd be willing to swap.

Please answer what you can.

Huffer
12-30-2005, 03:08 PM
The Baja IS a Legacy chassis...that's why the hood fits.

Rear swaybars, unsure.
Front strutbrace, yes, but ONLY if the mounting arms are low enough. It's kind of trial and error on that.

I know that the GC 2.5RS stock exhaust system is too short for the BD Legacy. The midpipe needs to be lengthened.

Perdue
12-30-2005, 04:25 PM
YAY! Troy and April on SLi!

The exhaust should work, but you may have to have a flange or two rotated. I'm pretty sure they work. Headers, pullies, intakes, and pretty much anything else within reason from a N/A impreza will also fit.

As far as body panels, none will swap over that I know of. Some people have put Version 5/6 STi Spoiler on their car, but I'm not sure what else fits.

The front strut bars come off pretty easily, so we can check to see if mine fits yours if we can ever find time to meet up and do so. It's only 6 nuts. Mine is cusco, and it hits the hood right over the strut towers. I believe it was made for an impreza or later model legacy though. It works I guess.

Wiscon_Mark
12-31-2005, 10:51 AM
swaybars will not work. I'm thinking a no on the struts and springs too, as the BEs had huge suspension changes.

ShortysTRM
12-31-2005, 12:10 PM
That sucks...the rear sway-bar and the exhaust were the two main things I wanted.

Anyone know who makes a RSB for an 02 LGT?

While I'm asking noob questions, would anyone care to enlighten me as to which chassis codes apply to which models??

Perdue
12-31-2005, 12:25 PM
Troy, I think that Stromung makes an exhaust specifically for the Legacys. Cobb used to, but I think they're out of production. They were just rebadged, slightly reworked Stromung Exhausts anyways.

I'm pretty sure Cusco makes rear sway bars for your car. They're $175 shipped from both Rallitek and Boxer4Racing (Boxer4 is much closer, and may be cheaper after shipping).

Edit: And if you need any help with installs, I think I could make the trip to Teays Valley to provide an extra set of hands.

Wiscon_Mark
12-31-2005, 12:38 PM
While I'm asking noob questions, would anyone care to enlighten me as to which chassis codes apply to which models??

SLi 101 :)

ShortysTRM
12-31-2005, 02:04 PM
SLi 101

Good call.

$175 is expensive for a rear bar, IMO, but I guess Cusco might be worth it. Are there any larger Subaru bars that I could swap in, like from a Legacy Outback Wagon or a Forester?

I need to just call or e-mail Boxer4Racing and ask him why he lists some of the Stromung exhausts for the RS in the Legacy section.

EDIT: How about brakes? Aren't most Subaru brake systems swappable?

Wiscon_Mark
12-31-2005, 02:15 PM
yeah, brakes are swappable, H6 brakes are popular ones to swap in, and WRX brakes are an upgrade.

You could probably get a BH (3rd gen) outback swaybar

Perdue
12-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Most Subaru brakes are swapable (for example, my front calipers are from a late 90s JDM STi, before Brembo became OE for the STi, and are now the standard brakes on the 06 WRX). The H6 rear upgrade is pretty easy to do considering you should have the new style rear caliper. It's as simple as changing the rear rotor and caliper bracket. As Mark said, you could upgrade to a WRX front brake setup would allow you to run a larger front rotor and increase braking surface. The only ones that won't be a direct bolt on are the 2-pot STi Rears and the Brembo Rears. These both require replacement of the backing plate.

As far as OEM swaybars, I know that the BD/BG Outback swaybar is 18mm and a direct swap for the non-outback swaybars, which are much smaller. I opted for an adjustable swaybar though. I don't know if the 3rd generation outbacks ran a larger RSB though.

Edit: Troy, if you get an exhaust that needs a flange rotated, I know a guy in Dunbar that can probably do that for you really cheap. He rewelded my header after Toppings attempted 3 times. He fixed what they broke, and made it better than borla did to begin with. This was for around $30. I doubt he'd charge much of anything to rotate a flange.

ShortysTRM
01-04-2006, 01:27 AM
I got a reply from Boxer4Racing today, and he confirmed that the cat-backs are completely different. Oh well, I guess.

crobin4
01-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Troy, come talk to me at the Jan. 15 autocross @ Riverside. I can probably answer some of your questions.

HFSDevil
01-13-2006, 11:42 AM
The WRX seats fit :D :D :D