PDA

View Full Version : City Lights for Daytime Running Ligths

Grimace
10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I know this has probably been asked before, but my search came up empty. Has anyone changed the DRL's from the low beams over to the city lights on the JDM Projectors? I have a set of HID's coming this week and dont want them on as my DRL's.

chuckthefuk
10-27-2009, 10:22 AM
If i am not mistaken you can not re-wire the DRL as your city lights since there is no dedicated wire specificly for the DRL. DRL is a module next to your strut tower that goes in-line with the low beam signal. On the JDM projector harness there is a blue wire dedicated to run to the city lights but this doesn't help you anyways.

Most people just disconnect the DRL module, since its in-line with the low beam signal you will get sporadic flickering on/off if the DRL are still connected.

You can run a relay to your HID's and pull power directly from the battery and not the harness itself. This way you can take the low beam signal and run it as the city lights and just tap the low beam signal into the relay as a trigger point and the rest is battery and ground.

Cheers
-Chuck

Grimace
10-27-2009, 12:03 PM
thanks.....sounds like a DRL delete is going to be the way to go for now.

Grimace
11-07-2009, 07:33 PM
SO I have the HID's in and still cant figure out the DRL delete. It is a 98 and the only articles I can find are on a 2000 and up. Anybody know which relay to look at. Pics would be a great help.

chuckthefuk
11-07-2009, 08:09 PM
SO I have the HID's in and still cant figure out the DRL delete. It is a 98 and the only articles I can find are on a 2000 and up. Anybody know which relay to look at. Pics would be a great help.

:smt012
viewtopic.php?t=13012 (https://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=13012)

Grimace
11-08-2009, 11:24 PM
So......tried doing what that thread said.....didn't work. Any other ideas?