PDA

View Full Version : Cobb Strut Bar

95legacy
01-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Will a Cobb front strut bar that was on an 02 wagon fit my car? Cobb's website says that it will, and also is this really going to give any worth while differences to handling or rigidity?
Peace,
Kyle

Huffer
01-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Front strut brace is a waste of money in terms of REAL upgrades to this car.

Cobb peices are nicely made, but again, it just looks nice.

Spend the money on a rear strut or swaybar, good springs + shocks or good rubber.

Edit - the brace MAY fit. It depends on hood clearance of the brace mounting arms. Strut tops are the same.

EXP1787
01-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Will a Cobb front strut bar that was on an 02 wagon fit my car? Cobb's website says that it will, and also is this really going to give any worth while differences to handling or rigidity?
Peace,
Kyle
Thinking about outbidding me on it? Bastage :twisted:

phi11
01-03-2006, 11:34 AM
I haven't been able to tell the difference in
handling or rigidity with my front strut bar.
(but I only payed $25 used!!!!!!)
couldn't tell you if it would fit or not.

Huffer
01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
I've had both Cusco JDM bars and cheapo $25 ebay ones. They do the same job. The difference between having one and not having one is so minimal, and is only felt at the edge of grip anyway. Get better tires and the edge of grip keeps moving further away from your own abilities. ;)

95legacy
01-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah ill pass on this one I think, thats what I was expecting, probably finish off the sways and pick up a front one and some solid endlinks for the F+R and take care of all that.
Peace,
Kyle

subieyacht
01-08-2006, 01:58 AM
you cant get any of that three peice crap, cuz it all just shifts with the body. ive got a one peice one, and i definatly noticed a diffrence, but then again, i drive excesivly fast

subieyacht
01-08-2006, 02:00 AM
oh yeah and ive got a one peice custom strut brace for an gc8 rs, and it rubed a little on the hood, but thats nothing a like rubber mallet action couldent fix

gator gt
01-08-2006, 09:16 PM
I've got a Cusco FSTB and took it out to help out the Subaru Techs when they pulled the motor out for the headgasket job. I drove around with it off for a bit of time and really couldn't tell the difference. Its more for cars that have strut towers further away from the firewall.

Honestly, Subarus have the strut towers rather close to the firewall, which is structurally fortunate for us.

GGT

Wiscon_Mark
01-08-2006, 09:51 PM
you cant get any of that three peice crap, cuz it all just shifts with the body. ive got a one peice one, and i definatly noticed a diffrence, but then again, i drive excesivly fast

if installed correctly, it shouldn't make any difference.

Of course, it really won't make any difference with our cars anyways.