Thread: The Single Turbo Conversion Thread 4.0 (2022)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    O.G.10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

The Single Turbo Conversion Thread 4.0 (2022)

G'day. I wrote this thread back in 2008 on my local subaru club forums, and since joining here I've seen quite a bit of discussion on the twin turbo's, and converting them to single, which is a change from you get on some other forums. So I thought this might go down well here. Just a few notes though, I do live in New Zealand, which is one of those little JDM paradises, so parts for the conversion were allot easier for me to get, and allot cheaper too (or not as the case may be sometimes ). It's quite infromal, and probably still riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, but hey.. gets the point across

Also, this conversion thread assumes you are starting with a GTB already. can still be used to convert a 20R for a drop into a USDM car too though, there just may be some extra parts to get. and problems with the whole LHD thing..

I have come back and re-written much of this thread in 2022, much has changed over the years. It's a crazy world we live now where GC8's go for 80+k. But SF5A foresters don't. So pillage then for their juicy single turbo parts when you can.
    Last edited by Reuben; 06-19-2022 at 05:47 AM. Reason: 2022 revision