Thread: CB radio install

Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.

CB radio install

So... I just drove cross country (well, Albany, GA to Estes Park, CO). My grandparents insisted i take a cb radio, to stay awake and have something to do. I got one and have honestly fallen in love with the damn thing. The only beef i have with it is its sits in my passenger seat and plugs into the cigg lighter. I have so much other stuff pluged in there, and i dont like moving it all the time for people. I have been thinking of putting it in my dash, but one small problem.... its not as long as a single DIN opening, its just as thick, but there are gaps between it and the little cheap wood trim. Any thoughts on how i can make it work? I though maybe using a couple peaces of stereo dash kit? Let me know what you think.... The best part about it, it has a P.A. out on it so, i hooked up a speaker under the hood, so much fun when your just totally bored and see kids sitting around the Mickey D's lot!
    Drive it like you stole it.

Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.
    You can probably find some sort of plastic material that will cover the holes. Id imagine they sell it at stereo places. They use it on a lot of domestic vehicles that dont use the DIN setup

Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.
    You could get some black acetal plastic (also known as delrin) from mcmaster.com Its just a glossy black plastic that is extremely easy to machine, so cutting a shape yourself would be a breeze. Comes in different thicknesses as well.
    1996 Legacy L wagon
    xbox gamer tag: Krautastic

Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.
    You could also use sheet metal. You could bend tabs to fit back into the dash opening and bolt to the cage the radio's mounted in, and cut a hole for the CB to come out through. Painted flat black, it looks pretty good.